The necklace

Aleah was home for Christmas, she, Sirius and Selene spent the whole day decorating the house and wrapping gifts for Aleah's and Sirius's friends who would come over for lunch on Christmas day.

After dinner, Aleah prepared Selene for bed and tucked her in. When she's finally asleep from Aleah's reading of 'Beauty and the Beast', Aleah went to the kitchen where he spotted her father drinking tea and offered her one.

"Aleah is he coming tomorrow?", asked Sirius. She looked at her father curious to whom he's referring, Sirius raised his brow and Aleah quickly realized.

"Oh!", was all she could say and blinked at her father and sipped her tea.

"Oh?", her father asked

Aleah sighed heavily and said, "No Dad."

Sirius finished his tea, kissed her daughter good night and went to his room.

Aleah thought about him. After want happened at his chambers the night of the Christmas ball, she couldn't face him. She quickly went home once the sun is up.

Aleah brushed off the feeling of suddenly missing him, she finished her tea and went to her bed to rest.

She prepared the dining hall and the sitting room to where the guests would hang later, the first to arrive were the Lupin's with Marcus, the Malfoy's and the Parkinson's.

Everyone enjoyed the food prepared by the Black's, gifts were exchanged, laughter and chats filled the room.

Aleah went to her best friend Reya who is now talking with her daughter.

"Mummy, auntie is going to pop soon.", the little girl chuckled and caress Reya's 8 months belly.

"Oh yes baby, she's going to give you your playmate soon." said Aleah and the three of them laugh.

"How was Hogwarts Aleah?" asked Reya

"It's still Hogwarts, I like teaching there.", she said

"Baby, can you get me and mummy some cookies please?", Reya asked Selene

"Okay auntie!", she said gleefully

Reya turned to Aleah and gave her a serious look and Aleah knows where this conversation is heading.

"I think he knows Reya, everyone has a hint of course, she looks just like him.", Aleah said, sipping her wine.

"What are you gonna do about it?", Reya asked

"I don't know Reya, I really don't know.", she replied and they ended their conversation when Selene arrived giving out cookies.

Conversations and laughter was put on halt when the door opened and revealed Severus holding a yellow box with red bow in it.

"Severus!", Sirius greeted the man and went to him, tapping Severus's shoulder.

"Mister Snape!", Selene squealed and rushed to him, Severus hugged Selene and carried her.

"For you Selene.", he said, giving the gift to Selene.

Selene's eyes sparkled and hugged Severus again.

They turned to look at the crowd and everyone was looking at them, confirming the gossip of similarities between Severus and Selene.

"Mummy look, Mister Snape brought me a gift!", she said looking at her mum, "Can I open it now Mister?", she added looking back at Severus.

"Of course, you can.", he replied and put Selene down.

Selene rushed to her room to open the gift.

"Glad of you to come.", said Lucius

"Let's just say, I was threatened to come.", Severus replied looking at Sirius who's grinning to his ear.

"Merry Christmas Severus, enjoy the party.", Sirius said

Aleah saw Severus conversing with the Malfoys, when their eyes met she quickly looked away, and went to find her dad.

Aleah approached Sirius who is talking to Remus, "Dad, why is he here?", she asked

Remus excused himself and Sirius turned to her daughter, "Severus is a friend so I invited him.", he replied.

"Since when?", she asked her father again, arms crossed on her chest and raising her eyebrows at him. Sirius chuckled by the question and action of her daughter and just kissed her head and went back to Remus.

"What are you doing Sirius?", Remus asked, looking at Aleah's confused face and back to him.

"Nothing Remus.", Sirius said and laughed.

"Aleah, are you okay?", Reya asked Aleah

"I don't know Reya.", she replied.

"Don't you think maybe it's time?", asked Reya.

Aleah looked at her best friend, speechless. Reya tapped her shoulder and went back to Marcus.

The time came where they all went back to their own homes by the use of Floo transport. The Parkinsons we're conversing with her father when Aleah was approached by Finn.

"I wanna give you something.", he said to her, putting a tiny box in her hand.

"You don't have to Finn, but thanks. Merry Christmas.", Aleah replied to him, and give him a smile.

"I just wanna say i'm sorry.", he replied and hugged Aleah.

Aleah hugged him back and Finn returned to his parents and they all went to the Floo, back to their home.

Aleah opened the box and there she saw the pear shaped diamond necklace she gave back to Finn before.

Curious, she looked up when she notice someone is towering her.

"I see he gave you back the necklace I gave you.", Severus said with a soft smile.