Under the Mistletoe

Severus Snape scanned the room, looking for a one particular person, Aleah.

His mood turned sour when he saw her dancing with Finn Parkinson, the handsome head boy. Severus looked intently at Aleah only, eyed her from head to toe. admiring her.

'Beautiful.', the only word in his mind while looking at her.

When Aleah's back is turned to him, Severus could not help himself but look at her bare back and saw that Finn's both hand is on her waist and is slightly touching her bare skin.

Severus quickly went to them, Aleah and Finn stopped what they're doing but still near and held each other, "Distance.", he said, looking only at Aleah and they shared eye gazes.

The pair swiftly put on a distance to each other, and Aleah shifting her eyes to look at the other students, and Severus left them wondering why he did that all of a sudden.

Reya, Marcus and Draco who witnessed it laughed and Finn joined too, while Aleah let out a laugh she can't help but think about her Professor's eyes, 'Is he jealous?', Aleah shook her head then laugh with her friends thinking that she is out of her mind for thinking that Professor Snape is jealous with her and Finn.

Aleah was glad though that Severus interrupted them just in time for her to answer Finn's question, she immediately said, "Let's eat, I'm starving.", and they all went to their table, still ignoring what Finn asked her.

Aleah doesn't know what to say to Finn, looking at him now he seemed sad and was avoiding Aleah's eyes.

Aleah felt that she can't breath in there, so she told her friends that she was going to the bathroom. Finn offered to go with her, but Aleah said,

"It's fine Finn, I'll just go there by myself. Thanks!", smiling at Finn and left.

When Aleah got out, she ran until she knows she is far away from the Great Hall, sat on the floor and let out a big sigh.

'I can't face Finn now and don't give him an answer.' she thought to herself and slapped her head. She buried her face onto her knees, sighed and breathe.

"Why are you out here Miss Black?", Severus said, walking to her.

Aleah immediately stood up, fixed her dress and looked at her professor.

"I just wanted some fresh air Professor, it's so crowded in there.", she said looking at him this time so that they're interaction will be cut short and he will not scold her again for not looking at him.

"Is Mr. Parkinson suffocating you?", Severus asked.

'Yes, he definitely is.', Aleah answered in her thoughts but told her professor, "No professor, he is not."

Severus smirked and walked closer to her. They were now inches apart.

"Professor,", Aleah said who was surprised by it and can't move.

"Yes Aleah?", Severus answered.

A bit shocked upon hearing him say her first name again, she almost tripped, but was quickly held by Severus to prevent her from falling. Severus's hand on Aleah's bare back and the other supporting her arm. Feeling her skin on his palm and his touch on her arm, he asked,

"Am I suffocating you Aleah?"

"No", she quickly answered.

Severus let out a smirk again, which made Aleah look at his lips.

He slowly helped Aleah to stand, his hands not leaving her back and pulled her into him.

'Say it now Aleah.', he thought to himself.

Suddenly, they notice something on top of their heads, a mistletoe.

They slowly returned their gaze on each other, slowly leaning in and their lips met.

Aleah closed her eyes, slowly moving her hands to Severus's neck. While his hand is still on her back, his free hand is now on the back of her head. Their kiss is slow and on rhythm, Aleah slowly pulled back catching her breath, looked at Severus and said,

"Professor,"

Severus looked at her lips once again,

"Bloody Mistletoe.", Severus smirked and slowly pulled back to her giving her the distance she sadly didn't want to.

"Goodnight Miss Black", Severus said, turning on his back and disappeared into the corridor.