Not with me

Severus is laying in his bed thinking about Aleah, the only woman he ever let in his chambers and slept there. He thought about that night, the night they made love, or that's what he thought it is.

No goodbyes, she just left.

Days went by and it's the Christmas ball before the kids would go home for their holiday break.

Severus went to the Great Hall and was stunned to see the only seat available is in the middle of Albus and Aleah. He went to sit there immediately, an opportunity to be beside her and smell her scent again drove her to it.

"Albus," he greeted and Albus nodded at him and he turned to Aleah, "Miss Black.", he greeted her.

"Good morning Professor.", said Aleah, looking at him for a while and smiled. She quickly looked away hoping that he did not notice it but he did.

The breakfast started and they began eating.

"Miss Black, do you happen to have someone to escort you for the ball tonight?", Severus heard Professor Evans of the Astronomy class asked Aleah. Severus rolled his eyes with disgust.

Professor Evans is too confident with his charming looks, but he can't escape the feeling of jealousy creeping in knowing that Professor Evans is more good looking and is near her age.

"I don't have anyone at the moment Sir Evans.", she replied.

Severus was stunned by her reply, 'Is she really going? And is she accepting his invitation?' he thought to himself.

Before hearing the next conversation, Severus can't take the threatening jealousy and anger he feels at the moment, he quickly stood up getting both Albus and Aleah's attention and walked away.

"Ridiculous!", he said.

———

The night of the Christmas ball came, Severus roam the castle grounds for any students being overly intimate to each other and went to the entrance of Great Hall, joining Albus and Minerva in greeting the students.

Aleah wore her silk lime green dress that hugs her figure and just flows below her feet. She put on a light make up, she let her straight hair fall freely on her back and checked herself on the mirror for the last time and went to the great hall.

Severus was puzzled to see Mister Evans with Miss Parkinson the Divination professor, the pair nodded at them and went inside.

Severus was about to ask Albus about Aleah when he saw a figure descending slowly from the stairs, careful not to trip and embarrass herself.

Albus and Minerva glances at Severus's reaction at Aleah's descent, his mouth slightly parted and eyes locked on her.

"Minerva, I think we're needed inside all the students are there now.", said Albus, and they left Severus there.

Aleah arrived at Severus's front and smiled, "Good evening professor."

Severus cleared his throat and straightened his posture.

"Good evening Miss Black.", he greeted back.

They went inside the great hall, side by side.

Severus wants to hold her and Aleah wants to do the same, but they fought the urge.

They went to the staffs table and began the feast. When it ended, the tables were gone to make room for the dance floor. Aleah enjoyed watching the students and staff dancing and having fun.

'Will he invite me to dance?', Aleah thought to herself.

Aleah searched for Severus in the crowd and saw that he was talking with Miss Parkinson. She tried to brush the feeling of jealousy creeping in, but when Miss Parkinson put her hand on Severus's chest and slowly moving it, she turned to leave but was blocked by Professor Evans.

"Can we dance professor?", asked Evans, holding out his hand and Aleah accepted it without hesitation.

They went in the middle of the dance floor and danced on a slow rhythm of the music playing.

Severus returned to where Albus and the other teaching staff stood and noticed that Aleah wasn't there. He scanned the crowd on the dance floor and saw her dancing with Evans. Her pretty smile while conversing with him and how she gracefully dance with him. Her hand that's supposed to be his to hold were held by another.

His feet carried him to the pair dancing on the dance floor and held out his hand.

"Can I have a turn?", he asked, looking at Aleah.

"Sure professor", he heard Evans said.

The moment Evans removed himself at Aleah, she was about to leave but he grasped her hand quickly and pulled her close to him.

"What are you doing?", she asked him.

"Dancing with you of course. Or do you prefer the company of Mister Evans more than mine?", he replied.

"If it means not being with you, sure!"

He looked at her and stopped with what he is doing. Aleah looked at him in confusion.

"Not with the father of your child?"