In time

Sirius arrived at the castle and met Severus in the corridor.

"Severus.", he greeted him and Severus nodded and went his way. Sirius stopped and looked at the man who is dressed in his usual robes of black.

"Severus?", he said, making Severus halt in his steps and turned to look at Sirius.

"What is it Black?", asked Severus, annoyed. He doesn't want to deal with Sirius anymore.

"Have you seen Selene?", he asked.

Severus did not expect a conversation about the child to come up sooner, and with it's grandfather whom he despised since their school days at Hogwarts.

"Of course you do.", said Sirius not waiting for his response, "You noticed her features, didn't you? Her black obsidian eyes, her black raven hair, only one family has it and I know only one man who's around my daughter that has it", he added.

"What are you implying Black? Tell me,", Severus paused and took a step towards Sirius, "Is the child mine?" he asked, looking through Sirius's eyes searching for a clue, an answer.

"I should be asking you.", replied Sirius, looking back at Severus with intent.

Both men clenched their fists, looming hatred from the past.

Sirius turned and proceeded on his way to her daughter's chambers to bring Selene home.

Severus was stunned by Sirius's reply, and even though Sirius was not there anymore, it seems he can't move. He is still thinking about what Sirius said.

His urge to know the answer is now stronger than before, he wants Aleah to tell him that Selene is his, that he is Selene's father.

Sirius went inside Aleah's chambers and he saw her daughter holding Selene in her arms, both asleep in the couch.

When he entered, Aleah was alarmed by the spell she put in her door and woke.

"Dad.", she said, Selene stirred in her sleep, flutter her eyes open and saw her grandfather.

"Dada!", the little girl squealed and rushed to hug Sirius.

"Hi princess!", he said and hugged the child back, "I missed you!", he added.

"I missed you too Dada!", the girl replied.

They broke the hug, Sirius got up and hugged Aleah.

"I missed you Dad.", said Aleah, sighing and felt comfort from her father's embrace.

Sirius kissed Aleah's head and broke the hug.

"I shall make you a tea dad, before you go.", said Aleah and rushed to her kitchen before Sirius could protest.

After making the tea and putting them on the table, they all settled in the couch and Selene played with her toy.

"I met Severus awhile ago.", said Sirius and made Aleah choke from the tea she was drinking. Sirius chuckled by her daughters reaction.

"When will you tell me Aleah?", he asked, Aleah looked at her and bit her lip, she knows what her father is asking her.

"Dad, I— I,"

"Aleah,", said Sirius, holding her hand to stop her daughter from stuttering. Her words were not coming out, "It's okay, but how long will you be keeping it? Selene is growing up, she would soon ask about him. Are you prepared for it?", he added.

"Dad," she paused and turned to look at her daughter and back from her father, "Dad, I'm sorry.", Aleah hugged her father and cried.

"Aleah, why are you saying sorry, it's fine. Everything is fine. I'm just worried about Selene when the time comes.", he said, hugging her daughter and patting her head.

"Dad, I can't tell him. It was a mistake.", she said.

"It wasn't Aleah, you brought joy to this world, my joy. It was not a mistake.", said Sirius.

Aleah sat up, fixed herself and looked at her father.

"In time dad, i'll tell him when the time comes.", said Aleah, assuring her father of her plans.

And they both turned to look at Selene.

Sirius thought about his conversation with Severus at the corridor and the more he looked at Severus's face he can see his granddaughter and there's no denying it now.

The child is a pure-blood line of the Black and Prince.