• Part 28 - ATTRITION •

Start from the beginning

Y/n : We have to figure this out.

Taehyung: Huh?

You huffed, he intertwined his fingers with the fingers of your hand with which you tugged him here.

Taehyung: What's wrong?

Y/n : I- we..

He held your arm, then pulled you in a hug.

Y/n : Let's just go away. From all of this.

He kept silent and stroked your back.

Y/n : I don't want this , these problems.

You let out the breath which you were holding as the words came out of your throat in his embrace.

Taehyung: Ok. Ok.

He kept stroking your back. He didn't understand what made you so scared, but didn't want to find it, just yet. Calming you down was the only thing his heart was telling him.

Y/n : But we have to...

Taehyung: Face it.

You nodded. He smiled and pressed his lips onto yours for a long moment. Your body which had gone stiff, now relaxed.

Taehyung: Can you tell me?

Y/n : I was supposed to.

He smiled. Oh that boxy smile.

Y/n : They are-

???: TaeTae!!

Now he was the one who froze. His eyes turned from full of love to overflowing with anger in an instant before you. But his face was emotionless.

???: TaeTae-ah!!

You heard a woman call. He was about to leave but you held his hand. You were about to tell him everything in one breath, but the way he gripped on your hand, you understood that telling him at the moment wouldn't be good.

He walked out with a rigid gait , so you helplessly tailed behind him as he headed to the cafeteria again."Who would call him such a name?"
But what you saw next, made you shocked. By her tone, you thought it would be some young lady, but the female standing in front of you looked old with shriveled skin and a little gray hair.

???: Taehyung!

She smiled and headed towards him. He let go of your hand.

Taehyung: A- A.

You looked at him, who was failing to keep a blank face. He stepped back.

Taehyung: Eomma?

She came closer , he stepped back. The entire crowd was watching you.

Taehyung: Why are you here?

Tae's mom: I was called by Danna. She said you got into some trouble. I was worried for my child.

"The principal called Taehyung's mom?" He scoffed and shook his head.

Taehyung: Bullshit.

He mumbled. She came forward for a hug, but he jerked back. You held his arm comfortingly.

Tae's mom: TaeTae please-

Taehyung: I begged you, not to ever come to me.

She let out a breath with tears in her eyes. But then she saw you and her eyes went wide for a moment.

Tae's mom : Who's she? Your girlfriend?

Taehyung: No one gave you the right to ask that. I didn't need you to come here.

Tae's mom: But I'm-

Taehyung: You're no one. I have no family.

You stroked his arm. None of you three realised what the reactions of the entire cafeteria were. In the beginning, everyone was interested in the drama , as they were curious about the mysterious guy too. But soon it died off. Even Momo lost all her interest in the conversation, afterall, she just wanted to mock him when she got the chance to. The only ones who were listening now were your group of friends and the cafeteria lady.

Tae's mom : Baby. I swear I came here because I care for you.

You were shocked at how the woman was about to break down.

Taehyung: I'm tired of that lie.

He stepped back while throwing a glance at the group. All of them showed a little surprise, but were filled with empathy. He left. You kept looking at the woman for a while , not being able to make a single coherent thought. Then you left behind Taehyung. He stopped midway in the corridor.

Y/n : Tae-

Taehyung: A minute , I need a minute y/n.

You anxiously looked behind you, and saw the cafeteria lady.

Café lady : Yes inspector, I'm sure.

She noticed you and you quickly looked back ahead. You had never felt such suffocation before. It was as if someone was ringing loud bells in your ear and the air around you had vanished. Compression.

You back hugged Taehyung, with great fear pounding on your heart.