Chapter 48

Qin Meng, turned around and trotted back to Tong Yao's room. She'd be leaving tomorrow and she waned to dress better and talk to God Ming. Having enough of thinking, she drifted back to sleep in some time. 

---

Beep

Beep

Beep

Tong Yao slammed her hand on her alarm clock and threw her bed covers aside. It was 8:00 am already and they had a match at 12:00 pm against CK. Her ex boyfriend's team. Tong Yao shuddered with disgust as she thought of him trying to win her back again. She had come across this far and she didn't want to back down. She had already become immune to some of the haters' comments and all she had to do was not become soft and sweet for Jian Yang.

Shakin' her thoughts off, she showered and got dressed in her uniform before dashing downstairs. She grabbed her tiny silver notebook with the data analysis in it and ate breakfast, flipping through it's pages. All her teammates had finished eating too and they were heading to the bus parked outside.

"Shorty, come on. Let's go."

"Hmm??"

"Come."

"I'll talk to Qin jie and come. I'll be there in 5 minutes."

"Okay."

Lu Sicheng picked up his bag and hers before heading out with the rest of ZGDX's members. Tong Yao ran upstairs and saw Qin Meng packing her bags. 

Tong Yao: "Wil you be leaving today?"

Qin Meng: "Yes dear. I have to resume my study. Taken enough holidays already."

Tong Yao: "I wish you would stay longer."

Qin Meng: "I'll be back in a year. After all my studies are complete."

Tong Yao: "I'll miss you. And you better sort things out with God Ming."

Qin Meng: "I'll see to it. Now hurry up. Your boyfriend and teammates are waiting for you."

Tong Yao: "I guess I'll be going then. Bye. Wait until we come back."

Qin Meng: "Sure. Bye-bye!!"

Tong Yao smiled at her warmly and blew a kiss before going down and moving towards their bus.

---

The game:

ZGDX won the first match easily. They were having a really easy time crushing their opponents as Jian Yang was not paying attention to the game but to Lu Sicheng's flirty comments to Tong Yao. The way Tong Yao giggled or blushed made his heart melt but the fact that it was not him doing this to her was making him go crazy. He wanted to be the only one who could kiss those sweet lips of hers. He wanted to be the only one who could make her feel happy and deserved. But, he knew he lost his chance and it was his last one. He would do anything to win her back. He felt incomplete without her, completely useless. It was like an empty space in his heart that was never filled. He was happy with his teammates but never with the girls he would see at bars. He had never done anything scandalous. He was drunk and wasted at that time but he hurt Tong Yao by admitting that some part of the incident with the showgirl was true. The once broken heart was now joint again, happier this time. Even in a thousand years, he was sure he wouldn't be able to make her this happy but, he would try to.

Jian Yang sighed before washing his hands with cold water and thinking of all the sweet bubbly memories he had with Tong Yao. He would never experience something like that with any other girl. Never. This fact made a hole in his heart, that went deeper every single time he would see Tong Yao and Lu Sicheng together. As he turned around, he bumped into someone he never wanted to look at. Lu Sicheng.

Jian Yang: "Cheng ge..."

Lu Sicheng: "We meet here again. Last time you were talking to Tong Yao. You never would have thought she would become my teammate and also my--"

Lu Sicheng decided to cut that word short as he knew it would make Jian Yang uncomfortable. Jian Yang nodded before smiling at him and looking away. Lu Sicheng could make out that smile was forced, he still liked Tong Yao. Lu Sicheng shrugged his shoulders and washed his hands off and went away, leaving Jian Yang alone in the washroom Jian Yang kicked the wall before muttering: "Fuck you Lu Sicheng. You took her way from me. Shit..."

Jian Yang broke down for a minute but then got up and walked back to their team's room. On the way he heard muffled voices. He inched closer and saw a door opened slightly, leaving some space to see what was happening in the room. He moved closer and glanced inside, only to see Lu Sicheng and Tong Yao kissing their hearts out. Lu Sicheng's arms snaked around her waist, her hands around his neck, pulling him closer to her. Jian Yang frowned and felt his jealousy boil up. Sadness poured into his veins and started tearing through his eyes. He took one last look at the couple and walked back. His look, it had sadness brimming up with loads of guilt and a hint of jealousy. He wiped his tears and made sure he would not lose the next round. And to his determination, CK won the second match. The third match would be the final match and it would decide the team which would go against YQCB, to become the winners of OPL, Nationals.

NOTE: Hey guys!! I'm really sorry for not updating but I was not well. I had hell lot of cramps in my stomach. I'm better today and I made this chapter a bit longer as it will be the third last chapter of this book. I feel bad to end it but I have to. The sequel will have a lit in it. I also felt the way they've expressed Jian Yang's sorrow was not enough. So, I've expressed as much as I could. I even cried a little. Okay that's it. Love y'all!!

--The Writer.