Chapter 3

"Love is friendship on fire."

Tong Yao just kept thinking about that surname, 'Lu' all the way back to her accommodation. Even after she was getting ready to sleep, she was thinking about it. Jesse asked Tong Yao after sensing that her mind was wandering somewhere else: "What's bothering you?"

Tong Yao: "I am just thinking about the guy I met earlier."

Jesse: "Is it Daniel?"

Tong Yao: "No. It's Lu Sicheng..."

Jesse: "Oh... It's my first time seeing him talk to a girl. He is usually just cold and minds his own business always."

Tong Yao: "Tell me more about him."

Jesse: "He is finishing his last semester of law so he must be 24 years old. He is one of the most handsome guys at our university."

Tong Yao: "Oh..."

Jesse: "Many girls have tried to approach him but he literally rejects every single one of them. He even rejected Ellie."

Tong Yao: "Who's Ellie?"

Jesse: "She is the most popular chick in our university. But now as you are here, I guess she'll become second."

Tong Yao: "You're such a flatterer."

Jesse: "I'm not joking. Those guys looked like they were falling in love with you."

Tong Yao: "I am not interested in dating anymore."

Jesse: "What does that mean?"

Tong Yao: "I've had enough of one guy. Let's not talk about it."

Jesse: "Anyways, I think you and Lu Sicheng will click."

Tong Yao: "Geez, shut up and sleep."

Jesse chuckled and laid down on her bed but after a few minutes, Tong Yao's sudden 'ah' startled her. "What happened? Is there an insect?"

Tong Yao: "No... I remembered who Lu Sicheng is."

Jesse: "Who is he?"

Tong Yao: "He is the heir of the Lu Group!! It is the first largest industrial group of China!! He is from the Lu family, that means he is from one of the richest families in China."

Jesse: "Can I find any news about his family?"

Tong Yao: "Yes, on any platform."

Jesse opened her phone and checked every platform she knew and gasped. "OMG!! You're right. By the way, talk this out to him tomorrow. You guys may become friends." Jesse turned her back towards Tong Yao and went back to her deep sleep. Tong Yao shrugged her shoulders and called her best friend, Jin Yang.

A phone call conversation between Tong Yao and Jin Yang:

Tong Yao: "Hello? Jiemie? I have big news to tell you."

Jin Yang: "Are you crazy? It is so early in the morning you know?"

Tong Yao: "You won't believe it but guess who I saw today?"

Jin Yang: "Your mom."

Tong Yao: "Stop fooling around. I saw Lu Sicheng."

Jin Yang suddenly opened her eyes and said: "What?"

Tong Yao: "Yes. The real Lu Sicheng. He is so handsome."

Jin Yang: "Then keep updating to me about your progress to him." *winks*

Tong Yao: "Idiot."

Jin Yang: "You must move on dude. Don't stick to Jian Yang. Trust me."

Tong Yao: "Okay. Bye."

Tong Yao lied down and thought about what her friend had said. She also decided to start over.

NEXT DAY---

Tong Yao was ready and she dragged Jesse with her. Tong Yao thought it was time to make more friends. After class, Tong Yao caught up to Lu Sicheng once she spotted him at lunch break. Lu Sicheng smiled to himself when he saw Tong Yao running towards him. He wanted to make her his girl and, he was determined. But he wanted to start out cool.

"Lu Sicheng! Wait up!"

Lu Sicheng abruptly stopped: "What?"

"You're from the Lu family, right?"

"How'd you know?"

"I am Chinese. Duh..."

"Right. I forgot."

Tong Yao made the first move: "Since we both are Chinese, let's be friends?"

"Okay."

Tong Yao smiled as they shook hands and she walked with him talking about different things till the both reached their classes. They exchanged byes and headed back to their classes. Over 2 months, Tong Yao's daily routine was, go to school with Jesse, 2 classes, spend the break with Lu Sicheng, finish the last 3 classes, go back to her accommodation with Jesse, talk to Jin Yang and sleep.

All Tong Yao didn't know was that Ellie was observing how Tong Yao and Lu Sicheng were getting closer to each other day by day. This made her clench her fists and grit her teeth more and more every time she saw the both together. One day as Tong Yao finished using the restroom and was washing her hands, she saw Ellie standing against the door, blocking the exit. "Ellie, scoot over."

"You think I'll listen to you?"

"What's your problem?"

"You."

"Huh?"

"Stay away from my man."

"He is not yours nor mine now move over."

"Stay away from him."

"He and Jesse are my only friends over here, so no."

"You'll regret it."

"I'll scream if you don't let me go."

"Try it."

Tong Yao screamed loudly and Jesse, Lu Sicheng and some other students came towards Ellie and Tong Yao.

Tong Yao said: "Ellie is threatening me and not letting me pass through."

Then she whispered to Ellie: "Better luck next time dude."

Lu Sicheng and Jesse walked out with Tong Yao and Lu Sicheng said: "I thought something bad happened. I was so worried."

"What were you worried about?"

"You."

Tong Yao blushed and tried to look away but seeing Lu Sicheng's face she said: "I'm fine. Let's go."