Chapter 17

"Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired."

Tong Yao had gathered all her courage to stop these three from fighting like cats and dogs. She was still nervous and was walking to and forth in the meeting room. Then she took her phone out and sent a message to everyone in the group saying:

[ZGDX_Smiling: Hey guys!! Can we gather at the meeting room of our base at 12:00? I'll be waiting.]

Everyone approved and went to the meeting room as Tong Yao had told them to. After all of them had settled, Tong Yao let Lu Yue come in. She stood up from her place and said, "Can I hear something from all of you?"

Lu Sicheng: "What?"

Tong Yao: "First of all, Little Fatty and Old K, can you tell me why you don't accept Lu Yue as a teammate?"

Little Fatty: "You don't know?"

Old K: "He was the reason God Ming got hurt and had to retire."

Tong Yao: "No he isn't."

Little Fatty: "Xiao Jiejie, how are you so sure?"

Tong Yao: "Have the both of you seen what has happened? No right?"

Old K: "But we know what happened."

Tong Yao: "Who told you guys?"

Little Fatty: "Lu Yue."

Tong Yao: "OMG... Hey retard, you'll get nice beatings from me today. Do I really need to help you. Whatever."

Little Fatty: "Can you tell us that he wasn't him with proof? No, you can't."

Tong Yao: "Yes I can."

Tong Yao picked her phone up from the table and called Ai Jia. "Hey, Ai Jia. Are you ready?"

Everyone looked at Tong Yao with anticipation waiting to see what she'd show them. Tong Yao opened her laptop and opened Ai Jia's livestream. She turned it around to show everyone. Lu Sicheng and the others were amused after hearing the truth. After the beans were spilled, Tong Yao closed her laptop and crossed her hands at her teammates.

Tong Yao: "Now let me admit all of your mistakes on behalf of you guys."

Lu Sicheng and the others: "......"

Tong Yao: "First, Lu Yue was stupid enough to not tell the freakin' truth to you guys. Second, God Ming was also stupid for knowing everything but not speaking up to clear the mess. Third, Little Fatty and Old K were also stupid for not knowing the whole issue and just picking a fight between the team members. Fourth, Rui Ge could have tried to solve this problem. Fifth, Cheng Ge is really of no use. He literally didn't even make you guys sit down and discuss about this matter. As the captain, he really needs to learn leadership qualities."

After Tong Yao was done, she still saw that everyone was speechless. Tong Yao grinned and said: "Retard, problem solved."

Lu Yue got up, ran to Tong Yao and hugged her. "Idiot, thank you!!"

Tong Yao: "He he. You're welcome!!"

After everyone said their sorry, Tong Yao glanced over to Lu Sicheng who was looking at her. She pouted at him and mouthed: "Do not look at me like that."

He mouthed back: "You're cute when you argue."

She mouthed at him: "Pervert."

He just chuckled and got up.

At 3:00 p.m. in the base:

Tong Yao, Lu Sicheng and God Ming were sitting on their seats. Tong Yao was playing a ranked match while Lu Sicheng was livestreaming. Before Tong Yao could get up and go towards the kitchen to get her yogurt, she was stopped by Lu Yue throwing some papers on her desk.

Tong Yao: "What's this?"

Lu Yue: "My renewal contract with ZGDX."

Lu Sicheng: "If you have time to show off, you can use it to extend your shikigami pool."

Lu Yue: "But I don't want to fight for a computer with idiot all day. Right God Ming?"

Tong Yao: "But I'm still as important as you are."

Lu Yue: "No."

Tong Yao: "Yes."

Tong Yao and Lu Yue sticked their tongues out at each other and glared at each other. Just then, they heard noises from the kitchen.

Tong Yao: "Little Fatty has been in the kitchen all day."

Xiao Rui: "Maybe he's making dinner for everyone."

At the dining table:

All the team members were sitting on their seats with rice and beef and vegetable curry in front of them. Little Fatty had cooked it for them. While eating Tong Yao said "Why isn't there any beef?"

Old Cat: "Even in mine."

Xiao Rui: "And mine."

Tong Yao glanced over at Lu Yue who was happily eating his share. Then she saw some meat under his rice. She took her fork and pulled all the rice on Lu Yue's plate to a side.

Lu Yue: "What are you doing?"

When Tong Yao saw the meat, she said: "No ways Little Fatty. You're giving all the meat to your favorite child? I thought it was all in the past generation."

Little Fatty: "I'm sorry. I'm just making it up to Lu Yue."

Lu Yue: "Idiot, have some from mine."

Tong Yao looked up to Lu Sicheng who was quite jealous. She replied: "Umm... It's fine."

Tong Yao was relieved when Lu Sicheng went back into eating his food but then Xiao Rui began speaking.

Xiao Rui: "Now no one has any problem with Lu Yue, right?"

Tong Yao looked at all the members who shook their heads. Then she blurted out: "How can none of you not have problems with him? I shouldn't have sorted this problem."

Tong Yao looked at everyone who were laughing at her. She said wile poking God Ming's arms: "Hey, you're my cousin, you should at least have backup for me."

God Ming: "Not after you called me stupid."

Tong Yao: "Seems like you really are stupid."

"Cousin?" Xiao Rui spat his food out and Lu Yue choked on his water. Everyone looked at Tong Yao and God Ming who had already shrunken back into their seats.