Chapter 44

Tong Yao: "What?"

Qin Meng: "I said I've arrived, you doofus."

Tong Yao: "So early? I'll be there in a second."

Tong Yao quickly disconnected her call with Qin Meng and got up. She made sure her shirt was neat before practically rushing towards the door. All her teammates stared at her while God Ming had a questioning look. He shrugged it off and walked into the kitchen to get something to drink.

Tong Yao barged through the door and stared at the girl in front of her. The few seconds of silence broke because of Tong Yao squealing with joy. Tong Yao leapt onto Qin Meng as she chuckled.

Qin Meng: "Now now Yao, get off me. My bags are falling."

Tong Yao: "I am so glad to see you. Come in."

Tong Yao grabbed one of Qin Meng's suitcases and gestured her to follow. Once Qin Meng was seated on the couch in the living room, Tong Yao ran into the gaming room and grabbed her phone.

A phone call conversation:

Tong Yao: "Hello, jiemie!! Qin jie came!! Come over now."

Jin Yang: "What!? I'm coming. I'll be there in 10."

Tong Yao: "That's like a good girl."

Tong Yao quickly jumped back onto the couch with Qin Meng and bombarded her with questions.

Tong Yao: "How are you doing?? How was it overseas? Made any new friends? Did you tell your dad and mom? Wanna see our base? What did you do all this while?"

Qin Meng: "Yao, calm down. I will be staying here for three days. You'll have plenty of time to ask me questions."

Tong Yao: "Lu Yue was so eager to see you and not to mention Jin Yang too. That girl will be here in 10."

Qin Meng: "Found yourself a new boyfriend huh??"

Tong Yao turned beet red: "Umm... Well, we kind of dated for a year?"

Qin Meng: "OMG!! You kept such a huge secret from me!!"

Tong Yao: "Not even God Ming knew about it."

Qin Meng's smile fell as she heard 'God Ming'. Even Tong Yao stopped talking and stared at the person behind Qin Meng. Qin Meng furrowed her eyebrows before lining her gaze with Tong Yao's. Her face faded. The twinkle in her eyes were lost. She was fighting the urge to jump into the arms of the man in front of her. Tears started brimming her eyes and she tore her gaze away from God Ming.

Tong Yao gave God Ming a death glare stating: 'Be nice to her.'

God Ming just nodded at her before brushing past them. Just as God Ming was out of sight, Qin Meng burst out into a crying mess. "I am going insane. I know what I did was wrong and he won't forgive me but I can't keep hanging on the edge like this. I want to stop liking him but I can't."

Tong Yao: "Now now Qin jie. Better stop crying and then we'll find a way. You don't want him to come back and see you crying."

Qin Meng sniffled before taking the tissues Tong Yao had offered her. She jumped in surprise when she felt a hand on her shoulder. "Care to tell me what happened?"

Tong Yao: "Lu Yue, go away. She isn't feeling good right now. I'll explain it to you later. If I do it here, she'll breakdown."

Lu Yue faintly smiled at her before walking away and getting back to making Tong Yao loose points and go down many ranks.

Tong Yao: "Retard, are you using my account??"

Lu Yue: "No, I'm not!!"

Tong Yao: "I'm gonna kill you today."

Lu Yue: "First Little Fatty and now shorty. Great-- Ah!!"

Tong Yao was running after him like a wild cat on spree. After like 10 minutes of chasing, Lu Yue dropped onto the floor. "Ge, make sister in law stop chasing me."

Tong Yao: "What did you say??"

Lu Yue gulped at the death glare Tong Yao sent at him: "Ge, make your girlfriend stop irritating me."

Tong Yao kicked him in the stomach not-so-lightly and walked away only to be met with a pair of hands wrap around her waist. "Cheng ge, I need to speak with Qin jie. Now if you would let me go..."

Lu Sicheng didn't say anything but just buried his face into the crook of her neck, his breath fanning her face. Tong Yao's breath hitched and she pushed him away slightly: "Behave." She whispered very lightly to make sure only he heard it. Lu Sicheng chuckled before pecked her cheek and went over to his gaming seat.

NOTE: Hey guys!! Sorry to keep you all waiting but I deleted chapter 44 because I wanted it to be a bit longer. Will Qin Meng and God Ming get along?? Hope you enjoyed. Love y'all!!

--The Writer.