Chapter 5

"The love we give away is the only love we keep."

Tong Yao had an easy time dealing with her darn mother. After a long, heated conversation, Mrs. Tong agreed for Tong Yao to become a pro gamer only if she would attend an important blind date. Of course, Tong Yao had to say yes to such a great offer, one blind date for three months in exchange. "The best way to surprise Lu Sicheng." She thought as she caressed Da Bing's belly.

And that is how the great Tong Yao ended up walking with muddy shoes, baggy shorts, a tank top and her hair all greasy. She had made the most stupid decision to come walking from the bus stop. She didn't want to look rich on her first day, so she hailed a cab and was now sweating. Her face was without makeup as usual. Jin Yang called her as she came near to ZGDX's base.

Phone call conversation between Tong Yao and Jin Yang:

Tong Yao: "Hello? Jiemie?"

Jin Yang: "Hi Yao-Yao!! Are you there yet?"

Tong Yao: "NO."

Jin Yang: "Oh..."

Tong Yao: "But I'm there now. Bye! Will call you later."

Jin Yang: "Wait---"

Tong Yao ended the phone call before Jin Yang could feed Tong Yao 'important news'. Jin Yang would have killed Tong Yao already if she was there. Tong Yao walked over to the door of the base camp. She rang the doorbell and kept her luggage aside. A minute later, Lu Sicheng opened the door, took Tong Yao's food away and said thank you before closing the door on her face. He did not recognize her face as she was wearing a mask. Half a minute later, Tong Yao's gamer profile that was being followed by all the ZGDX's members added a post. It said: "The coldest faced Cheng Ge is really cold-faced. He literally took my food away and closed the door on my face, leaving me and Da Bing out there, clueless."

Tong Yao's post had gotten 100,000 views already. The ZGDX members turned their face to their captain, who had calmly walked to the kitchen counter and had taken water from the fridge to drink. Then after they opened the door to an exhausted Tong Yao, she was not at all bothered by that incident. She got her luggage in and walked over to Lu Sicheng. He raised his eyebrows at that girl who was walking towards him. Without another word, Tong Yao hugged Lu Sicheng tight and looked up to him. He took her hands off him and said: "Who're you?"

"Really, Cheng Ge?" Tong Yao said in a sarcastic tone and removed her mask. A shocked Lu Sicheng looked at her like she was some threat. "Surprise!!"

"What the hell? Why are you here?"

"I came to give you a surprise. Who knew you would close the door on my face? You even took away my food and I am starving now."

Lu Sicheng led Tong Yao to the kitchen counter and gave her one of his yogurt drinks.

"Drink this. We'll eat after sometime."

"Thank You!"

"Why didn't you tell me that you were back?"

"If I told you, it wouldn't be a surprise, right?"

"Tell me the exact reason."

"I'm your new mid. Isn't that great?"

"......"

"Ahem..." A vice came from the other side of the kitchen counter. Tong Yao looked at Old K, Old Cat and Little Fatty staring at the two. Maybe they heard the whole conversation between Tong Yao and Lu Sicheng.

Old Cat: "Cheng Ge, how do you know her?"

Tong Yao cleared her throat and said: "We were at the same university for almost a year. We're just good friends."

Old K: "Good friends?"

Tong Yao: "Yes. Only that. Not anything else."

Lu Sicheng: "Really?"

Tong Yao: "Lu Sicheng! Shut up."

Everyone laughed and then took Tong Yao to her room which was umm... flooded with pink stuff and decorations. Ughh... Pink, the colour that makes Tong Yao's eyes hurt. Tong Yao just thanked them and started settling down. The next day, Tong Yao and Lu Sicheng went to the supermarket for some necessities. Just as Tong Yao came back, she saw God Ming coming down the stairs.

"God Ming! Hello!!" screeched Tong Yao.

"Hello! Wait a second, you are Tong Yao??"

"Yes."

Little Fatty: "Who is she?"

Before God Ming could say another word, Tong Yao ran over and made him close his mouth. Then she whispered in his ear: "Don't you dare tell them anything about me. I am your friend for now, okay?"

God Ming agreed and Tong Yao released her hands. She said: "You are so stupid. You did not tell me you're resigning."

"Why should I?"

"I am your friend that is why?"

Old K: "Whoa! First it was Cheng Ge and now God Ming? How do you know them?"

Tong Yao: "Both of them are my friends. Bye!"

Tong Yao said before hurriedly galloping upstairs with her short legs and the shopping bag.

Note: Sorry for the late update guys! I am a little busy but I will make up to you guys. I'll write another part today. Leave some comments too. Bye!