Chapter 6

"We love because it's the only true adventure."

Tong Yao had enough of giving surprises for the day and so she decided to go down after an hour of setting her room up. Not even a minute had passed by and she heard Little Fatty's yell, asking her to come down. She sighed and got up from her bed lazily. When she went down, she saw God Ming and Xiao Rui standing in front of a white, pink and blue coloured gaming chair. All the others were sitting on their own seats which were near to that gaming chair.

God Ming and Xiao Rui said: "This is the chair we ordered for you. You'll be sitting here from now on. Come on."

Tong Yao: "But God Ming, this was your place."

Xiao Rui: "Oh please. All our mids sit here. Come on. Hurry up."

Tong Yao: "Okay."

Tong Yao walked over and sat on the chair. They adjusted her chair and looked at her who was turning around like a child on her chair. They laughed before Little Fatty interrupted them: "Xiao jiejie, care for a duo?"

Tong Yao: "Ah... Sure."

Lu Sicheng: "Wait a second, what is that thing on her computer."

Little Fatty: "Pink lace, especially for girls."

Lu Sicheng: "It hurts my eyes, remove it."

Tong Yao: "Yeah, Little Fatty. Not all girls are into pink."

Lu Sicheng: "But didn't you buy a pair of pink slippers?"

Tong Yao: "It was because you chose the blue one. Also, my room is full of pink. Though I appreciate all your efforts, I prefer a plain and manly room. I am a tomboy you can say."

Lu Sicheng: "Shorty, you are like a rabbit, what do you mean by tomboy?"

Tong Yao: "Hey Lu Sicheng. Mind your words."

Little Fatty: "Let's start."

Lu Sicheng: "You'll have a hard time. Continue."

Tong Yao: "Whatever."

Tong Yao understood what Lu Sicheng meant after 20 mins into the game. She frowned and said: "Little Fatty, what grudge do you have against me? I will surely drop to Diamond 2 because of you. Let me do the work. Go AFK."

Little Fatty: "Umm... Okay."

After another 20 minutes, Tong Yao turned the tables over. She had so many amazing skills and everyone was astonished by her. Xiao Rui, God Ming and Old Cat were all standing behind her, waiting for the end of the game.

After 'VICTORY' flashed on Tong Yao's screen, she put her mouse down. Little Fatty excitedly said, "Yes!! We won!! Let's play another match."

"No...... I have something to do." Said Tong Yao before going up to her room.

Xiao Rui and Old K chuckled lightly, seeing Little Fatty's pitiful face. But God Ming and Lu Sicheng had walked over to the open space in their base and were talking seriously. "She lacks the qualities of a pro gamer."

God Ming: "I know. But the both of us can shape her to become a pro gamer."

Lu Sicheng: "She is your choice. And I don't doubt it. I agree. Let's teach her."

God Ming: "Then her official training starts tomorrow."

Lu Sicheng: "Ok. Start with her shikigami po---" Lu Sicheng's words were interrupted by his phone's ringtone. Just as he picked the call and put his phone near his ears, a scream saying 'SON!!' was heard. It was Lu Sicheng's dad. He was asking Lu Sicheng to come home because Lu Sicheng's mom was trying to run away. Lu Sicheng said that he would come the next day and ended the call before he could hear any more nonsense.

The next day---

Lu Sicheng had left early in the morning while everyone was still sleeping. Tong Yao was not happy when she woke up but she still took a shower and went downstairs. She saw God Ming waiting for her. He said: "Tong Yao let's start with your training."

Tong Yao: "Ok."

God Ming got some books for Tong Yao but the minute she opened it, she questioned him: "These are all the basics. Did you get me the wrong book?"

God Ming: "Tong Yao, you are still a noob in the pro gamers circle so it is better to start from scratch."

Tong Yao: "Fine..."

Tong Yao was a little too annoyed and bored to start with baby steps but still, she started learning the basics. Whenever she would become bored, she would start playing another game like solitaire on her computer itself. But when God Ming would walk in, she would quickly click the exit button of the other game she was playing. God Ming was not blind and so he would walk over to see her history and of course, he would find solitaire on the top of the list. Ha, Tong Yao cannot escape that right?

After a long lecture from God Ming, Tong Yao decided to get some rest. She fell flat on her bed and took her phone out. She added a post stating: "This is so exhausting. I've been training like a dog."

Just as Tong Yao was going to go to bed, her phone rang.

Tong Yao: "Hello?"

Jin Yang: "Hello Yao-Yao. Did you wake up this early in the morning?"

Tong Yao: "It's not that I woke up, it's just that I haven't slept yet."

Jin Yang: "I've sent a picture to you. Open your WeChat."

Tong Yao opened her WeChat and saw the picture.

Tong Yao: "It's no wonder that Ai Jia said that he couldn't find you nowadays. So, you went to enjoy yourself. Didn't you tell me you'd spoil me cause I'm your best friend? You should keep your promise."

Jin Yang: "Come on, you are rich enough. By the way, let's go together next time."

Tong Yao: "Will you gain anything from making me cry?"

Jin Yang: "What's wrong?"

Tong Yao: "It's tough being a pro gamer. We have to train for 12 hours a day. I'm so tired. It's like my hand doesn't belong to me anymore. I suspect that they're picking on me."

Jin Yang: "I'm done for."

Tong Yao: "Why? What's wrong?"

Jin Yang: "I felt like I was talking to Ai Jia right now."

Tong Yao: "Good Bye."

Tong Yao was so tired that she fell asleep. After 10 minutes or so, she heard a knock on her door.