Chapter 47

At the mall:

Qin Meng: "It's been so long since I've gone shopping. It feels so good."

Jin Yang: "You and me are like two peas in a pod. Unlikely, Yao-Yao has to make progress."

The two girls looked at a tired Tong Yao dragging her feet to walk along with them. The two girls giggled making Tong Yao furrow her eyebrows.

Tong Yao: "Shut up. What are you guys laughing about?? I'm exhausted."

Jin Yang: "Catch up dude. We'll stop to grab something and then we'll get our nails done."

Tong Yao: "I'm okay with food!!"

The girls went to the second floor of the mall and barged into Taco Bell. Giving out orders for 3 huge naked chicken tacos and 3 coke drinks, they went to the nail salon. Jin Yang selected chocolate brown for her nails, Tong Yao chose a shade baby pink and Qin Meng went with baby blue. 

Jin Yang's nails👆

Jin Yang's nails👆

Tong Yao's nails👆

Tong Yao's nails👆

Qin Meng's nails👆

Qin Meng's nails👆

After lunch and shopping, Qin Meng was completely styled. She looked pretty. In fact, she was like the definition of pretty. Jin Yang dropped them off at ZGDX's base and when Tong Yao and Qin Meng went inside, the boys' jaws dropped. Tong Yao smirked and scanned the living room. No signs of Lu Sicheng and God Ming. Tong Yao ushered Qin Meng to move forward to her room.

---

"Shit." Tong Yao cursed and ran down the stairs. It was 2:00 pm and she was an hour late for training. She ran downstairs and saw all her team members practicing new shikigami and getting ready for their match tomorrow. Tong Yao saw that Lu Sicheng and God Ming weren't there, so she tiptoed to her chair and sat down. Everyone was wearing their headphones so they didn't hear her. She quickly set up her computer and started playing.

She remembered to practice more than 2 shikigamis as the opposite team would surely target the mid first. After 30 mins or so, Lu Sicheng and God Ming came to the gaming room. They discussed their strategies with each other and continued to practice. Everyone hit the hay at 9:00 pm. 

---

At 11:30 pm, Qin Meng woke up, feeling thirsty. She got up slowly, making sure she wouldn't wake Tong Yao and hopped out of bed. She crept down the stairs and went over to the fridge. Grabbing a bottle of water, she wandered to the open space. The sky was pitch black just like Tong Yao's eyes and the moon was hidden behind a bunch of clouds. The night breeze ran over her, making her shudder because of coldness. She rubbed her arms with her hands and sipped her water. Setting it down on a table nearby, she sat onto the bean bag and said: "Oh god. I miss Ming. Why should I have done it?? It was for the world but now I am the one who was suffering. Maybe father was right, I am useless. I couldn't even stay with the person I loved." Tears trickled down her face and fell on her bare thighs. She wiped her face with her long pajama sleeve and stood up against the railing once more, embracing the presence of her loved one nearby.

If only she knew he was right behind her, listening to every single thought she said and every single tear she shed. Two broken hearts stood with each other. But there was something that was holding them back from becoming one again. What was that??

NOTE: Hey guys!! I was really busy with assignments and I need some time to think of the ending storyline. This story may end in two or three chapters more. But don't worry, there's a sequel to it, about the world tournament. Hope you guys enjoyed it. Love y'all!!

--The Writer.