Forty - The Mail

Selena walks beside a very cool-headed Alpha Morris who wore his best suit and tie ensemble. He was what many people call “dapper” or distinguished as they say. Meanwhile, Selena was the complete opposite. Dawning Nathaniel’s worn-out clothes to an event like this was an idiotic idea.

She looked like a teenage boy dressed by his grandmother who always thought her grandbaby looked handsome in anything. This morning, Selena spent an hour and a half in the bathroom with Nathaniel just fooling around.

As a result, she had no time to go back to the cabin and pick up something to wear. Now she looked like the odd one out. Among the three of them, her, Jacob, and Beta Trevor, she appeared completely out of place.

“Really, Lena?” Jacob shook his head, glancing at her before he returned his gaze to the paperwork he and Trevor were keenly studying.

Selena’s lips curved into a deep grimace.

“Your brother says I look cute.” Selena jests, fully knowing how stupid she sounded.

“My brother only said that because you are wearing his clothes, his scent. Any man would fawn over his mate wearing his clothes.”

“Come now, Alpha. Play nice. I believe everyone has a style and the Luna’s taste happen to be baggy clothes from the late nineteen hundreds.”

Both of them chuckled.

Though she didn’t hold it against them. Even she was gravely disappointed with herself. She was distracted or to put it more correctly, ‘dickstracted’ by the love and effort Nathaniel filled her.

“I’m aware that what I’m doing is highly unprofessional and not conducive to a Luna’s image but I promise this will be the last.”

She didn’t know what kind of reaction she was going to get with her spiel but somehow; the wolves became silent. Jacob was the worst one. He became stricken with guilt and she read it all over his face.

Unlike his brother, Alpha Morris was much easier to read. Jacob exchanged a look with his Beta before he looked her deep into her eyes, marring the same seriousness Nathaniel always exuded when he had something to say.

“Goddess,” Jacob invoked the Moon under his breath. “We were just kidding.”

“I know, Jake. It’s my fault after all.” She sighed.

The Alpha flattened his lips and stared at his watch for a second.

“Look, it’s already seven fifty, but I can delay the announcement until nine. That’s more than enough time to get ready, right?”

Selena smiled sheepishly, grateful for the Alpha’s consideration. She took the chance and mouthed a ‘thank you’ to the wolf before turning away on her heels. Wasting no time, she walked towards their cabin and got ready as quickly as possible.

Selena found getting ready easy as her mate, ever the prepping wolf that he was, had planned everything that she was going to wear for one entire week at her behest. Not only was he prepared, but Nathaniel also had a very good grasp of what was comfortable to wear and what wasn’t.

Selena couldn't help but grimly smile after seeing the four to five-digit value of the five pairs of luxury shoes, all of which still had their price tags on.

In the end, she picked a plain white dress with an open back, too open in fact that it has shown the delicate curves of her waist but cheekily hid her bountiful buttocks. The hem of the dress was generous, and it ended just below her knees. Though she was unhappy with wearing such fancy shoes, Selena took the plunge and grabbed a pair of floral-themed Jimmy Choos, open-toed and held by a short strap.