Twenty-four: Pauses

Humans are odd creatures.

Selena couldn’t understand why humans would voluntarily get drunk and then do stupid things and then feel no shame about their actions in their drunken state.

In college, she witnessed many people get wasted. She never thought that she would end up just like them.

After William dared her to drink beer with a single drop of wolfsbane, she thought she could handle it. After all, she had finished the rite and it probably wouldn’t hurt to try new things.

Gravely, she was wrong.

During her drunken stupor, she grabbed Nathaniel’s crotch multiple times, declaring it to be hers, and then made a fuss when he politely told her to stop.

She knew because Francis recorded the whole thing with his phone. A five-minute video that showcased her idiocy forever cemented.

It was now the day after and she woke up with a buzz in her head. Now she could safely say she hated being drunk.

“You should drink more, cousin. Then I’d have tons of material to blackmail you with.” Francis spoke as he loads the rest of her belongings into the back of his truck.

“Francis, enough with my mate. She’s already embarrassed after fondling my valuables in front of her friends.” Nathaniel smirked and winked at her as he stood next to his car.

All she could do was turn red. Though she would give anything just to transform into a puddle of water and evaporate. Or perhaps being swallowed by the earth would be much preferable.

“Har har,” she huffed. “I still can’t I did all those things to you. I’m sorry.”

Nathaniel furrowed his thick brows, dropping his things into the back seat, and walks toward her with an amused grin. His tall and muscled body stalked her into a painfully slow space, causing her body to jolt in sweet anticipation.

A ray of sunlight shone on his hair, illuminating him. His darned smirk, the one he usually wore when he had something to say, displayed on his rugged face.

‘Darn it.’ She said to herself.

Her mate hadn’t shaved in days and that resulted in him looking even more irresistible in her eyes. The sharp edges of his face were carpeted with coarse copper-tinted hair.

She was mortified to admit it but, she did have a thing for beards.

The first thing she did this morning after waking up was to nuzzle his cheek with her nose. She felt weakened by the sensation of it and she dreaded the day he would come to shave it.

Wrapped in her lustful and sinful own world, Selena didn’t notice him towering over her.

She reddened even more and looked down, the sight of which caused the Stormwind to develop a big, visible log in his trousers. She averted her gaze from his nether regions and faced him.

It was a big mistake. He held her face in place, cupping both of her cheeks with his calloused hands.

“Sorry?” He says. “Don’t be. I felt kind of like a giddy pup when you repeatedly said you loved me. Even when you’re drunk, you still think of me.”

Nathaniel pecks her nose and squeezes her body. She would be crossed if Nathaniel had touched her inappropriately in public. Thankfully, he was most forgiving of her.

Maybe she should think about an exemption to make it up to him. It would probably be a nice surprise. Even thinking of it now, she was feeling frazzled.

“I embarrassed you in front of wolves.” She grimaced.

“Embarrassed me?” He repeats in an incredulous tone. “No, princess. You were embarrassed. I’m just happy you couldn’t take your hands off me.”