Twenty-five: Uneased

The drive to pack Highcliff was uneventful, to say the least. Although after half an hour of making out and touching each other’s bodies, Nathaniel opted to take a fifteen-minute breather.

She had seen him act like this before.

She found herself under him. Her blouse unbuttoned. The backrest of her seat collapsed all the way back. And Nathaniel taking advantage of her willful participation.

He was an avid lover of her ample, perky breasts. Vigorously worshiping them with his mouth and tongue while his finger sneakily played with her swollen bulb.

“Please, Nathaniel. Just take me.” She begged under her breath.

His silence made her go insane. He removed himself from her, devouring her with his intense silver gaze, only to take his mouth to hers.

He quickened the movement of his hand until he felt her body quaking and out came her climax. She squealed softly, pressing her thighs together as much as she could while she melted into the car seat.

Her recovery was disrupted almost immediately when she caught sight of Nathaniel, putting his fingers, teasingly, and slowly into his mouth while he looked at her. Eyes flamed with unending embers of delight, and hearing him moan deeply sent her off of her rails.

“Your taste, moon. Nothing will ever be enough to rival it.” He spoke. “Sadly, my wolf is vehemently against car coitus still.”

“We’ll be quick. I crave your touch.”

Nathaniel sat back in the driver’s seat and hunched over the steering wheel.

“I don’t finish quick, my love.”

The conversation ended right then and there. His resolve amazed her, but miffed about it too.

Looks like seducing the Stormwind was impossible. On the bright side, if he was strong enough to resist her, then she didn’t have to worry about other women trying to catch him.

A month ago, he was acting unhinged and very forward and he had no one to blame but herself. Or more correctly, her body.

It was her time of the month again. Her body released a scent only her mate could smell, causing him to act on his impulses.

Though the Stormwind’s resolve was almost steel-like, he easily fell prey to her heat.

But in all honesty, he didn’t need some kind of smell. Just the sight of his bare chest made her act up. And that happened every day.

In the sixth hour of their travel, Selena started to recognize some landmarks she used to remember on her way home.

Although she was silent, her excitement was uncontrollable. Much more, she was nervous.

Years after running away from her brother, what had changed?

She was well aware of her position. Relinquishing her title to Katie meant she had no influence to the people and had no say to what things should and should not stay the same.

“You still upset?” Nathaniel uttered, glancing at her with a cautious look and distracting her from her thoughts.

She grimaced.

Nathaniel sounded guilty, sounding like he hadn’t moved on from what had happened yet. Somehow, she looked at it with a smile. It was endearing how he hadn’t extracted himself from hours ago, all because he was worried about her reaction.

It was a minor offense, yes, but it looked like Nathaniel was still thinking of her and acting as if he had done something wrong.

She was sour about what happened, but she couldn’t really blame him. Making love on a public road was an idiotic thing and the thought of a random stranger casually going up to them mortified her.

“I’m fine, love.” She muttered, smiling tightly. “We’re getting close.”