Thirty-nine: The Brother

Mornings were just mornings. But mornings, when she woke next to Nathaniel, were just different.

After their lovemaking, Nathaniel did not let her come out of his room and made her wait for him. He returns with two platters of food for them to eat and after that; they resumed their acts of reckless lovemaking until past midnight.

Now Selena sat on the bed, her back pressed against his broad hairy chest. Both of them were still heaving from sleep while Nathaniel gently brushed her hair with his fingers.

Under the sheets, both of them were naked. She rested between his legs and, with that, her bottom was touching his cock. Feeling its hardness, its sheer girth and length were starting to make her giggly.

“Something funny?” He murmurs, pulling her by the waist closer to him.

Although she wanted to say his grab and hold was a mere innocent drive to make her feel love, she felt Nathaniel’s smile against the back of her head as his manhood swiped between the valley of her buns.

She playfully slapped his shoulder.

“Honestly, wolf. How can you still go on after all that?” She asked.

He hummed groggily.

“How can I not with you, princess? I get hard easily when I smell your scent.” Nathaniel chuckles, wrapping his arms around her. “My beautiful moon, still oblivious to your beauty.”

She smiled lopsidedly.

“Mother and father never placed an emphasis on what I looked like. As far as I know, I was one big daddy’s girl, and all they asked for me was to be happy.”

Nathaniel places his finger under her chin, pulling her gaze towards him. Messy blonde hair resting atop gorgeous gray eyes that never failed to make her weak was what greeted her.

“I guess that explains it.” He spoke softly.

Selena’s brows arched, curious about what he had meant.

“Explains what?”

“Why you’re so effortlessly beautiful.” He said. “You are the way you are.”

If it was possible to dissolve into a puddle of sweat, she would have already done so. Her cheeks became usually hot from a sudden wave of embarrassment. Where it came from, she had no idea.

What she did know was the warmth in her body caused by his words made her ten times safer.

Twisting her lips, Selena wanted to change the subject to stop herself from jumping on top of him so early in the morning.

“I forgot to tell you, wolf. Yesterday, when you were surrounded by wolves while playing with your brother, you looked so free, so happy. I wish for that to never end. The Moon knows you deserve it so much.”

Nathaniel nodded.

He was smiling boyishly, and it was clear that he was excited, too.

Her mate shined in pack Morris. His life was in here and he belonged there and it wasn’t so difficult imagining the rest of her life here, too. The thing is, just when does the rest of her life start?

“I felt free, actually. At the moment, I’m free to be whoever I am with you. My hands and legs are unfettered, and I feel as though I am able to reach almost everything.”

“I hope it lasts, my love.” She spoke wistfully. “I never want to see the world darken with your sadness.”

Nathaniel was taken aback, shocked at her words.