Proven Heart: Prologue

Selena's little feet jumped over the roots of a big fallen tree. There was a smile on her face. Brought by sheer happiness and joy and surrounded by family and friends.

Vacations were sudden treats, considering her mother and father had no time for it when they were Alpha and Luna Highcliff. But somehow, they even managed to invite other pack leaders.

She had never seen her father act out of character before. The confident, easy-talking man he was, was acting strange, almost nervous.

Her back pressed against a tree as she peeked over to where her parents were. In her sight, a man stood before her father. He was a tall, burly man with brown hair. Just staring at him, Selena could feel the power he held within himself.

"The deed will be done, Alpha Morris." Robin, leader of pack Highcliff and her father, whispered. "For our packs."

The man didn't answer, only replying with a firm nod. He turned to her and caught her peeking. She jolts and trips on her feet, causing her to plant her face in the dirt.

Their conversation wasn't something she was privy to, and she feared the man would punish her for spying.

A laugh entered her ears, causing her to hastily pat herself clean.

It was her new friend, a boy not that much older than her. He was full of mischief and a bit of a loudmouth.

"You okay, Lena?" He asks.

She found it extremely appalling being called a name that was certainly not hers. But he wouldn't budge after telling him off.

"Stop laughing at me." She glared at him.

Though her little stomp and frown only made him laugh harder.

"Jacob." A voice warned.

Selena's back straightened. She felt paralyzed so suddenly. That person who spoke, the butcher of many wolves, was all too familiar to her.

The man stood behind her small frame like a looming tower, casting a gigantic shadow that eclipsed her. She looks up at him. Cautious and quivering.

She had heard many scary things about him. He was a killer. A fast-moving wolf that kills all that was in his path, but only if they present themselves as his enemies.

The Stormwind was the boogeyman mothers and fathers used to scare their pups if they misbehaved.

Though how many times she thought of him as a monster, he was there, wearing a silly grin that was somehow comforting.

"Princess Highcliff," he bent down and leveled his face at her. There was kindness in him. Though his eyes were the color of ash, they beamed with a faint and subtle air of good. "What did my idiot brother do to you?"

A princess? She found herself fuming, but kept calm. It wouldn't be wise to show her anger in front of a known wolf cleaver.

"I did nothing." Jacob protested.

The wolf sighs.

"She's an Alpha's daughter. You speak to her with respect or you don't speak to her at all." He spoke sternly.

The words of the wolf stunned Selena. Her words were caught under her tongue, but before she could speak, Stormwind's phone chimed to life. He steps away from her and answered the call.

The wolf strolls out of her sight, leaving her wondering. Maybe he wasn't that bad of a person after all?

''''

Welcome back, everyone! It has been awesome having you around. I hope you stick around for more!

January, 2022