59: Attempted

Katarina's eyes widened for a moment when she stared, 'That reaction..'

'But we're just on our way to the council office...' Maria blinked, 'Who is she anyway..?'

She glanced over to Katarina, she was wondering if she'll agree or not.

Sometimes Katarina prioritized her friends unless there was something too important over it that she needed to deal with.

Maria's gaze felt stuck, for some reason, there was this odd feeling coming off of Katarina that she couldn't understand.

Katarina's expression looked dull and disappointed even. She didn't know.

It just felt very off of her to wear that face, it's too out of place.

"Sure, let's go." Katarina nodded, "Sorry, Maria but you'll have to go alone, tell everyone I'm a little busy with something, okay?"

Maria watched as the two walked away, her eyes scanning the way Katarina had her hands on y/n's shoulder who couldn't help but lean towards her.

Or was she leaning against her on purpose here..?

She shook her mind clear, "Alright.. Lady Katarina...."

She walked away opposite from them.

...

"It.. hurts..!" Y/n started trembling under her just as soon as they were out of view from Maria when they turned a corner.

Katarina held her close, 'Who in the right mind would bring drugs into the academy..? Especially using it against y/n at that.'

"Lady y/n, look at me." She raised her by the chin to meet her eyes, "Answer this honestly, did you drink or eat anything strange today?"

Y/n bit her lower lip grunting, "I... I don't know, uhh.."

"Lady y/n, you have to remember something so I know how you want me to help you," Katarina said.

Y/n opened her tired eyes, tears had begun slipping when she tried to look at her, "A student.. a-asked to have tea with me since he wanted to ask for my help with something regarding the last lesson we had a few days... Ago."

'Hmm... So you barely escaped, huh..?' Katarina sighed, noticing a frantic figure running across a hallway, she met his crimson eyes.

"Ah! There you are.. my apologies, Lady Katarina, here, let me help my fiancée myself." A young man, no less than seventeen by facial age, approached them.

Katarina watched as he approached them with open arms, 'A vampire... hm, I guess my power to hide my presence of being one is this great that even weaklings like him below the food chain can't recognize it.'

She smiled and swatted his hands away with a single move.

"Your? Fiancée..?" She chuckled.

The man raised a brow, he seemed pissed off by that alone as he tried to laugh it off saying, "It was just made yesterday by our parents and I was getting to know her until she suddenly left while I was bringing some books to our room."

"Our room??" Katarina laughed, this was amusing.

"Ah.." the young man meekly laughed, 'Shit. That's not a thing in this school, is it..!?'