38: Famous

"Why don't you order something you want?" Katarina rolled her eyes, that didn't matter.

"Do you even have the money for that? I've heard facts than just rumors that your Mother barely allows you to have your own money since you spend it too quickly on food." Y/n scoffed, "And I am not wasting my money eating here."

"I have my own money, dear, why on earth would I come here if I don't ask my friends to come here with me so they can pay for it instead?" Katarina gleamed, she even seemed proud of it.

Y/n squinted her eyes, perplexed, "You what??"

"Did you think little old me wouldn't find not having money convenient? Of course, I have my ways of earning money that pours in itself like a fountain." Katarina said.

Y/n was a bit impressed, 'She's not actually a leach off of her family's money.'

"What's your job then?" She was still suspicious though.

"I'm a Duke in the neighboring kingdom just beside Sorcier." Katarina chidded.

"You're joking." Y/n didn't believe her.

"It's true though, haven't you heard of the growing name of 'Duke Moonlight' amongst some of the ladies to even reach the lowly servants~?" Katarina chuckled, 'I can't believe I got such a cool name from out of nowhere like that though.'

She really thought she'd get just about any average last name when she got the title of Duke from that kingdom, the nobles there along with the king supported her because of the extraordinary help she did for them.

Y/n's jaw dropped, 'She's that duke!? The supposed mysterious commoner who suddenly came out of nowhere and saved a small kingdom from getting taken over by that other greedy kingdom beside it!!?'

She steadied her heart to calm down, "I.. I heard that you... I mean, Duke.. Duke Moonlight would be meeting the king here in Sorcier one day to establish political connections."

"That's just a rumor." Katarina shrugged.

"I'm not an idiot to just show my face in front of him like that," she scoffed, "Don't you know how much work would get dumped on me if I did that?"

Y/n hummed.

Their waiter came right back to check if they were ready to order.

Of course, they were.

But y/n found it a little surprising that Katarina ordered the most expensive item on the menu, she understands she's rich and fulfilling in life from behind the scenes but that's a little too much don't you think?

The waiter promptly left with a bow.

"Wait.. but you can't defy a royal order." Y/n pondered.

"Of course, you can't unless you're me." Katarina chuckled.

Y/n was confused, "What??"

"I get away with everything, but you can't, and it's not just because I'm the Crown Prince's fiancée by paper or the Duke's daughter. I just can." Katarina gleamed.

Y/n sighed, 'She's a psycho.'

"Did you think I had something weighing me down~?" Katarina asked.

Y/n shook her head.

"No, nothing like that... I just thought you were hiding yourself because you don't want to hurt the people around you." She said.