11: Glances

"W-What are you laughing for now!?" Y/n yelled, feeling embarrassed for no reason as she fumbled trying to get an answer.

Katarina put a hand to her mouth and yet she still couldn't stop herself from laughing, even though it was muffled, it was still loud for y/n who sighed with her face scrunching up with agitation.

"Okay, okay, what is it?" Katarina wiped a tear grinning.

"What do you mean 'What is it?'??" Y/n scoffed.

"Hm?" Katarina raised a brow, "Weren't you gonna tell me something..?"

Leaning back close to her ear again and whispering, "Don't tell me....."

Y/n flinched, becoming stiff standing there as Katarina tucked her arms behind her back.

"You liked me biting you~?" Katarina whispered.

Y/n didn't have to look at her to know she was wearing that stupid grin that dreaded nothing but mockery against her, sweat slipping down her chin, something boiled and twisted inside her stomach, enough to make her raise hands onto Katarina's shoulders, gripping them.

Katarina didn't move one bit, chuckling close to her ear, y/n's shoulders were jolted upright along with the trembling grip on her shoulders.

'She's not even holding on to me tight, that's rather lame..' Katarina hummed.

...

Sophia was on her way to meet up with the others in the garden.

"What do I want?"

That was when she heard Katarina's voice on her way to the open gates, 'Lady Katarina..!'

She could help but smile hurrying to her feet before another voice chimed in.

"Y-Yes..!"

"Huh..?" She paused, she doesn't recognize that voice to be from any of her friends, she slowed her pace, peeking over a corner, and she spotted her.

She was with another woman with dark hair, she saw the unfamiliar face but Katarina's back was facing her.

Watching them, she felt something odd within her, watching all of this as it is at the moment before suddenly becoming confused when Katarina burst into a fit of laughter, she's never heard her laugh like this before, it felt new and strange.

"W-What are you laughing for!?" The unfamiliar Lady sputtered, her face was definitely red from anger.

"Oh, I thought you meant something else," she watched Katarina calm back down, "We're out here in broad daylight after all~"

'Huh..? What does she mean by broad daylight??' Sophia wanted to get closer but it was clear she'll get caught if she does, right?

Y/n frowned.

"Why are you making that face for??" Katarina snickered.

Y/n glanced up at her, bawled hands to her side, mumbling something she couldn't catch.

"Eh?" Katarina suddenly leaned slightly close after taking a step forward to ask, "What? I couldn't hear you~"

'No..! You're way too close to her, lady Katarina!!' Sophia frowned, holding herself back from interfering to know what this situation was.

Y/n's blush extended to her other ear by now, yelling something into Katarina's ear, 'Huh!? What did she tell her?'

"Huh? Why?? Can't I just glance at you when you're passing by me sometimes?" Katarina covered her poor ear for a second yet still not leaning away in the slightest.

She started laughing again for some reason.