34: Unjustifiable

'But you are.' y/n kept that thought aside from being said as she asked, "T-Then.. you'll just... Attack criminals?"

Katarina sighed, 'She's bad at this.'

"If you really don't want to be in on it, you can refuse, I'm just asking for your help." She shrugged.

Y/n perked up, she seemed both happy and relieved to hear that as she declined to want to be a part of it.

Katarina smiled, 'So she does know how to say no to things she doesn't like.'

"You don't need to help me if you don't want, I won't get mad." She assured her.

Y/n smiled, meek but it was there, glancing over to the door.

"So..?" Asking, "Can I leave now?"

Katarina got up, "Just a moment."

She walked up to her.

Y/n had been standing just by the bed, the window to the side.

Katarina reached a hand out, cupping her chin to look up at her.

Y/n's eyes widened the moment Katarina kissed her.

Chu..

"Wha--..!" Blushing deep red, she looked feverish in shock.

Katarina chuckled as she licked her upper lip in satisfaction.

"I just needed a good luck kiss before you left." She joked.

"Y-You..?!" Y/n stammered as she hurried it out of there.

She was barely able to make a comeback from that surprise as she hurriedly got out of there.

Katarina laughed under a hand, trying to keep herself quiet as it was already straight into the evening here when y/n ended up slamming the door shut on accident.

There were some students fast asleep early by now.

She turned to the window in the thought of what she was planning since a few minutes ago.

"Should I just start with an easy catch..?" She mumbled as she snapped her fingers.

...

Johann was out of it as he stumbled out of there to get home.

It was beginning to grow late into the night as he felt stupid while holding on to the half-empty bottle with one hand.

Groaning as he hit a wall while turning a corner.

"Oh, dear~"

"H-Huhh..?" He barely got himself to stand back upright by supporting himself by leaning against the wall.

In the darkness in front of him across the alley he found himself having to make a turn, there was a faint figure in the dark, the only thing he could make out under the fuzziness was two red dots.

"What the--?" He uttered when he tilted his head but the moment he blinked.

The said pair of red suddenly appeared directly in front of him.

It scared him half to death to trip back, accidentally letting go of the bottle in the process of fear at that.

Crash--!?

Groaning as he tried to rub his aching behind from the fall, he couldn't just hear the eerie presence along with that suspicious laughter just in front of him but feel it.

It made it even clearer with the black shoes that appeared in front of him when the figure went out of the shadow.

"You're this man, right~?"

He was made to look at a paper on the force by a single hand that pulled back his head by his hair.

"Euughh!!?" He winced as he tried to look in front of him with the moonlight cascading over them.

"Look closely, Sir, this man is a thief who beats his wife and children whenever they can't give him money to buy alcohol."

It was a wanted poster of a thief.

It was him.

"That's.. me...." He muttered as the sleep spell began to take hold of his consciousness.

"I caught one on my first night.."