45: Sufficient

Y/n's face turned red, blushing, "Eh..!?"

"You said you wanted to give me something in return today to make you less concerned, right?" Katarina raised a brow at her.

Y/n was too embarrassed to even want to look at her anymore, 'Why would you suggest that instead of something else then?!'

"F-Fine.." she grunted as she reluctantly leaned over to her.

Katarina's eyes widened for a split second before it calmed when she felt a pair of lips against her skin.

Chu..

Y/n kissed her cheek.

That was cute.

"Is that.. enough..?" She pulled away.

Katarina smiled while cupping the side of her blessed face, chuckling to herself, "I guess it'll suffice for now."

"What??" Y/n scoffed, leaning back against her side to keep a bigger distance away from Katarina who didn't mind, she asked, "How much money do you have actually?"

"Enough to rival the royal family's wealth if I wanted to compare it with them." Katarina shrugged.

"That's impossible and aren't you worried your friends might be looking for you?" Y/n asked.

"I know they will be, they've been watching us the entire time since in the restaurant after all." Katarina checked her rings for a moment.

"They were following us?! How come I never noticed!? Wait, did you make them leave before I could notice?" Y/n grew suspicious of her for a moment.

"Of course I did." Katarina laughed while lying to her, "It'd be annoying if they got involved considering this is a date to apologize to you, right?"

Y/n hummed, 'That is true... She did go out of her way just to apologize to me like this.'

"How about this? I'll use my magic to make them forget, hm? Nothing a little rune device can fix." Katarina chidded.

"Oh." Y/n seemed glad to hear that.

A second or two of silence before that made her wonder if she heard it right or not.

"Wait! Rune device??" She asked.

"Mhm..." Katarina leaned back.

"What do you mean rune device!? What are you talking about?" Y/n asked, curiosity peaked from a cat who could get herself killed if she wrongly pries into a bad subject.

"I found myself a device from the ancient past while I was on vacation when I was young, I used to sneak out at night since I'm nocturnal, or to be precise, I don't need to sleep." Katarina said.

"What does this device do? I've never heard of such a device before, is it not in the ministry? You should've handed that thing over there considering all rune items must be handed to them." Y/n said.

"Just because it's a public policy doesn't mean you have to actually follow it," Katarina rolled her eyes, "I haven't gotten caught, haven't I?"

'Damnit..! She's right, she's been getting away with it haven't she??' y/n calmed down, before asking, "So where's this rune device anyway?"

"Right here." Katarina showed her ring finger to her.