36: Date

"Take it as a form of apology coming from me because you.. well, fainted." Katarina explained.

"And am I supposed to just say yes to that?" Y/n was suspicious of her, 'I'm pretty sure she'll just have me for lunch if I say yes like an idiot.'

Katarina shrugged, "I wasn't sure what else to do for an apology other than treat you to a meal, I'm sorry, I'm a little new to apologies since I've never really.. had to say it before?"

"Huh... Strange, I think I only ever say sorry to my Mother when she nags me over the smallest of things." She hummed, feeling confused when something weird finally dawned on her.

Y/n looked down, 'Should I book it right now?'

"Will you come with me then, Lady y/n?"

She snapped out of her thoughts to look back up at her.

"Huh? Oh, uhh.. I guess it's okay?" She agreed with a nod, whispering "Just as long as we don't do it in public..?"

Katarina snickered at her, "That's quite the perverted thought you have there~"

Y/n blushed.

"I-I'm not a pervert..!!" She sputtered before running away from her.

"Then I'll pick you up later..." Katarina chuckled to herself, holding back on wanting to laugh aloud as she walked opposite from her.

...

"Katarina."

Katarina perked up, it was Gerald, "Oh, Prince Gerald."

She smiled at him, even though she'd already had many thoughts of avoiding him since he could kill her.

After all, love changes people.

...

Strangely, their beloved Katarina wasn't with them at the table.

They were waiting for her in the cafeteria.

They hadn't seen them the entire morning before lunch since they were, unfortunately, busy with council paperwork dumped on them for some reason.

It had piled on accident and they didn't know how.

It just did.

There were a lot of complaints of unrelated things that required actual help from them, they were stupid complaints from unknown students who kept themselves anonymous for safety reasons.

"Where on earth is she this time?" Alan asked before taking a bite of his meal.

They weren't sure where she was but they knew well enough that she wouldn't be in danger since her dog would've come running to them in a panic.

After a minute or two though, Anne suddenly walked inside the cafeteria and bowed in front of them.

That's strange, why is Katarina's maid here?

Did something bad actually happen to her?

Oh, no...

"Lady Katarina asked me to give you this letter after she left." She said.

'She left..!?' they took that literally.

But when they opened the letter to find out she left to eat in a restaurant outside, they were relieved of anxiety just now but still a little sad and confused as to why she was in a restaurant.

"Wait.. how come she never invited any of us? Did she want to eat alone?" Alan asked.

Anne shook her head, "No, she went with Lady y/n, Prince Alan."

Everyone turned to her.

Who in the world is y/n??

How come this is their first time hearing about her?