57: Threats

Y/n kept still as her maid rubbed ointment on her back after she had finished applying some on the front.

"What on earth have you been up to, my Lady??" Her maid was concerned.

"None of your business, but please don't run your mouth about this one." Y/n scoffed, "You'll get yourself killed if they find out you spoke about this."

"Is there a man threatening you, Lady y/n..?" Her maid frowned.

"No, of course not." Y/n sighed, 'More like a woman..'

She glanced out the window.

It was a sunny day but they had no classes for some reason.

It'd seem she has all the time in the world to be in the library.

What a lucky day.

...

"Ouch..!" Katarina was pinched on her side by her maid.

'What the heck???' that confused her, did she do something wrong for Anne to literally have to put some sense into her??

"W-What was that for?" She asked.

Anne crossed her arms, "You stayed the night in another Lady's room."

Katarina blinked, and smiled meekly, "So?"

"Ack--!?"

She pinched her on the arm this time.

"Anne??" Katarina was too bewildered to comprehend why she was supposed to be in the wrong here.

"How is I spending the night with another woman something to get mad about? I've slept with other women in brothels before for fun and you didn't seem bothered?!" She huffed while rubbing her aching arm.

Anne sighed aloud, she sounded utterly disappointed with the Lady she serves.

"Lady Katarina, did you even get consent..?" She asked.

It's nice to know that Katarina has the willpower of her dark element to block out any noise from coming out of the room they were in.

"Heh??" Katarina hummed, "Of course, I did, why would I do something stupid without that? I even asked you if I could stay the night somewhere else first too."

"Argh..!!"

Anne didn't hesitate to pinch her shoulder, much harder than the last two other ones.

"Anne????" Katarina was in shock at that, 'Why is she so mad at me today? She doesn't care who I sleep with as long as it doesn't get out there that I sleep around!!'

"I know you go out to brothels at night to have fun and I know you've killed a few wanted criminals for their blood," Anne said.

Katarina shut her mouth, 'This is why I keep her so damn close...'

"And I know that you know that so what's there to it for you to be mad about?" She joked chuckling.

"Oww--!!"

She was pinched on the back, causing her to slouch holding on to the aching spot.

'She's so angry today.....' she held back a tear from that while smiling.

She can't let Anne see her look so defeated by a measly pinch.

"Anyways.." Anne huffed, "Please, don't do what you secretly do at night outside be done inside the academy. Students gossip, my Lady, and rumors can spiral out of control into reaching your mother's ears, the best I can do if such a situation occurs is pray that they don't think I knew all of this has been happening behind their backs."