40: Canines

Gerald perked up upon hearing his name from behind, it was Mary.

Along with the rest of the gang, his supposed friends.

"Oh, there she is." Keith spotted his Sister.

Immediately Sophia holds him back, "Just a moment, Master Keith..!"

"Eh?" Keith paused, "What is it..?"

"I've seen that woman before.." Sophia pondered.

Everyone's attention turned to her.

"Can we... Can we watch for a bit before we confront her..?" Sophia asked.

Everyone agreed on that after exchanging looks with each other.

They decided to take up different seats from one another, pretending to be other customers and not themselves.

They can't let Katarina catch them, right?

...

'Am I famous or what?? There's even a light mage watching me now.' Katarina felt exhilarated, keeping it in to avoid looking strange, she stayed put watching and listening to everything y/n was asking her.

"So about how your teeth work, does it retract because when I look at it now they seem human," Y/n asked.

Katarina hummed, thinking it through, 'Should I show her?'

She should.

She raised a hand, covering both sides of her mouth from the side profiles, allowing only y/n to see it.

She opened her grinning mouth and showed her how it worked for her.

Her canines along with the teeth near them grew out, sharp and deadly-looking.

Y/n gasped, she was in both awe and fright.

It was indeed retractable in an odd but magical sense.

"T-That's horrifyingly amazing.." she muttered after Katarina changed her teeth right back to looking human again.

Katarina chuckled, "Is it?"

"I can't deny it does look incredible." Y/n nodded.

Their food finally came.

The waiter bid them a well afternoon before leaving them on their own.

...

Mary was confused as to what Katarina whispered to Y/n when she suddenly covered both sides of her face with her hands.

She couldn't see what Katarina whispered to make y/n look astonished.

Right now, they were having lunch, they might as well eat while they were here watching her, right?

"Mary..?"

She snapped out of her thoughts to look back at her fiance.

Alan seemed curious as to what was getting her so fixated on.

This usually happened even during their childhood together back then.

"What is it, Alan?" Mary smiled at him.

Alan sighed, "I was just wondering what you were staring at so much on Katarina, that's all."

Mary chuckled, 'I see...'

"I was just trying to guess what she whispered about to cover her mouth from the sides with both hands." She said.

'Oh, I see.' Alan blinked, "Then you should've sat together with Nicole, he can hear just about anything but for some reason I don't think he's using it right now, he said something about his ears hurting whenever he'd try to use it."

"Oh, odd." Mary hummed and continued watching Katarina.

...

After they finished lunch, they had all the time in the world to do anything before dinner together.

"Ah, I don't think this meal will cut itself to be an apology right now." Y/n clicked her tongue.

"Oh~?" Katarina paused midway drinking water when she said, 'I guess a bit of wine finally made her speak her mind better~'