35: Sherlocked

The guards were shocked to find a dead thief, the body pale and cold as if they had just died more than a month ago if an expert hadn't come to determine when they died.

They whispered amongst each other as they got the body loaded up to be delivered somewhere else for further investigation before having it buried.

The only thing they found strange was this whole bite, it looked as though it was made by a dog but upon a closer look, it seemed human by nature yet monstrous by how deep the fangs sunk through.

You could say, the skin could've been easily torn if the said killer had bitten harder than they wanted.

...

Katarina woke up, refreshed and ready for the day when Anne woke her up.

'That was a good start but..' she began recalling the hunt she did last night, a frown starting to draw on her face in disappointment.

"Why did his blood taste just like any other animal..?" She mumbled, 'Not sweet but a bit bitter.'

'Did Lady Katarina go out tonight..? She must've eaten another roaming animal in the forest somewhere.' Anne barely heard what she said as she took the slightly bloodied white shirt from the floor along with the pants.

What a terrible misunderstanding.

Katarina walked over to Anne's side when she kept staring at her shirt from last night.

"Something caught your eye, Anne?" She scared her maid when she spoke.

"N-No, nothing in particular, Lady Katarina." Anne bowed when she spoke.

Katarina shrugged that off, she's not someone who's threatened her maid once without reason anyway.

"Okay.. oh, and can you prepare a carriage for me this afternoon?" She said.

"Of course, Lady Katarina." Anne nodded, she didn't ask what it was for and left after tucking the shirt inwards where the blood would be hidden when she walked out of there to throw the bloodied clothes away.

Katarina smiled while watching her leave, 'Hm.. I wonder if y/n would like to have lunch with me today.'

'I've already booked a table for us at a restaurant just an hour before morning.' she turned to take a bath, 'I can't believe that restaurant opens at exactly four.. do they do that on purpose or what..?'

Well, as long as she got her reservation for today, nothing else currently mattered.

...

Y/n was glad to have caught up with her studies just in time for new ones to be added to the list from a few of her classes but unfortunately, she ended up bumping into Katarina when she turned a corridor to the left.

She wanted to turn back around but was stopped when Katarina appeared directly in front of her again when she took her eyes off her.

"Where are you going?" Katarina smiled at her.

Y/n took a step back in surprise, hugging her books tightly, "W-What do you want?"

'Does she ever ask anything else, like "How did you appear in front of me!?" And all that stuff??' Katarina chuckled, brushing that thought aside, pondering, "I wanted to invite you to have lunch outside with me."

"What??" Y/n was bewildered by this.