36. heaven

"heaven, if you come over, i know how to make us disappear

"heaven, if you come over, i know how to make us disappear."

khalid

— ✨ —

changbin heard footsteps approaching him, he felt as warmth touched his side, felix's thigh connecting with his own. "changbin."

he looked up, letting a puff of smoke out. "you know you can talk to me right? i know we've only talked to each other for like two weeks, but, changbin i'm here for you."

i know. changbin thought, and that's what he hated. he hated how much felix cared about him, and how easily they got attached to each other. but he needed help to get over the fear. the fear of wanting something more then just a friendship. "i'm an insomniac. i can't sleep because i get really bad nightmares. minho and hyunjin always check up on me before they go to bed, that's why they messaged you."

felix listened, watching as changbin fiddled with his fingers, "they stay up with me whenever i have a hard day, so i'm sorry for causing such a ruckus to you."

"what are your nightmares about?" felix whispered softly, picking up a flower that grew in changbins front yard.

he watched as changbin gulped, now picking at the skin on his fingers. "uhm, my dad." it was silent for a while, blood oozing out of his finger. "he used to abuse me, uhm, he hated the fact that i was gay. it was pretty bad, so my mom sent me to live with my grandma for a while."

"is he in jail?"

changbin nodded, "yeah," his eyes glossy.

felix grabbed onto his hand, wiping the blood off. he didn't know what to say, so he didn't speak. he held onto changbins fingers, listening to the crickets that surrounded them. "did you fall asleep with me last time.. because you felt safe?"

changbin nodded, a tear rolling down his cheek, "i think so, it's stupid, i've never been able to sleep even if hyunjin and minho were near me."

"it's not stupid, changbin," he whispered, fiddling with his finger. "if that's the only way for you to sleep, then i donate half of my bed to you, changbin. you have to stay healthy until we finish that list, or else we lose 60 bucks."

changbin laughed, staring into felix's eyes. "thank you."

— ✨ —

[june 29, 2023]

just petting yall know that a couple chapters after this i changed how i wanted to ply out their feelings so if something doesnt make sense— so sorry i will recheck the chapters sometime this week :)

also yall im so jealous of ppl that went to slzpalooza