31. radio

"

i finally found you, now my life is sweet like cinnamon

i finally found you, now my life is sweet like cinnamon."

lana del rey

— ✨ —

felix and changbin sat in his living room, devouring a pizza they had ordered. "felix, do you like lana del rey?"

felix looked at where changbin stared, seeing a stack of lana del rey vinyl records. "yes."

he stood up, placing his favorite to play, lowering the volume slightly. "you know, you never mention any music you like. or anything else, really."

silence filled the room for a second, "i listen to chase atlantic, but other then that it's mostly scattered. i like a lot of different genres, but i don't really listen to a lot of music from the same people."

"i really like flowers, my favorites are pink tulips." he thought for a second, "i really hate broccoli, but i love eating carrots."

felix sat still, listening to the boy go on, "i like being in cold rooms, so my ac is always usually on. i really like keychains, i also like cooking, but i can't bake for shit. i hate the yellow and green sour patch kids, and my favorites are the others. i can't eat skittles because they hurt my teeth, i love the candles scented with 'rainy spring days'."

"we're opposites, changbin, i love brocoli, i hate carrots. i like sleeping in warm rooms, not overbearingly hot rooms, i can't cook for shit, and my favorites are the yellow and green sour patch kids," felix giggled at these facts, "i agree with the skittles thing though, i ate a whole bag of them in one sitting once, worst mistake of my life."

changbin smiled, staring into felix's eyes. they curved up when he smiled, small stars reflecting off of them. "we were meant to be, felix! we should've talked sooner to prevent the deaths of so many sour patch kids."

felix chuckled, standing up. "hold on," he turned to changbin, motioning for him to stay. the oldest hearing the doors of a cabinet opening and closing, felix's steps heard returning.

he placed a container in-front of him, full of red and blue sour patch kids. "i always felt too bad throwing them away so i always collected them and gave them to the other guys. but i think they have found a better home now."

changbin smiled widely, taking the container in his hands. "that's so smart! i should have done that too!"

felix sat back down next to changbin, their knees touching slightly. "do you like pineapple on your pizza?"

"yep! pizzas with the pineapple and Canadian bacon are my favorites." he turned to see how felix would react, "do you?"

felix nodded, "yeah, i prefer supreme pizzas, but those ones are second runner ups for sure!"

changbin thought for a question to ask felix, "whats the best thing you've held?"

he stared at felix for a while, watching the boy think. "the song of achilles. the book. it was one of the only books that could do emotional damage to me, and half of the quotes are so memorable."

"whats your favorite quote?"

felix cleared his throat, turning slightly away from changbin, staring at the pizza instead. "'i could recognize him by touch alone, by smell: i would know him blind, by the way his breaths came and his feet struck the earth. i would know him in death, at the end of the world.' i don't know why exactly, i just love that part."

changbin nodded, taking in the words. "i remember that minho came up to me once because jisung wouldn't stop sobbing, we thought something had happened but he said that it was because he finished the book. i didn't even know he could read."

"yeah! we read it together, he only likes ready sad gay stories for some reason." felix hummed, "you know, a whole new view of minho entered when we started talking. i'm glad, those two are perfect for eachother."

— ✨ —

[june 27, 2023]

bro my whole pinterest page is full of SOA memes