32. i dont like darkness

"hate it when i close my eyes, i dont like darkness

"hate it when i close my eyes, i dont like darkness."

chase atlantic

— ✨ —

"those two are soulmates, theres no doubting that." changbin took off his hoodie, warmth reaching him. he laid it against the back of the couch, "they have what everyone wishes for."

"yeah, they do," felix agreed, watching changbin. "can i ask you something?"

changbin nodded, waiting for the deep voice to speak once again. "why are you always awake at 4 am? even when you're not shouting, i see you walking around outside."

"hm," changbin hummed, chewing on one of the sour patch kids. "i like being the only person awake, sometimes." he spoke, smiling sadly. "everything is prettier when everyone is asleep."

it wasn't a lie, but it wasn't the complete truth. felix nodded, not wanting to push changbin. "you know, you're hair looks really soft."

felix smiled, running a hand through his hair, "it is. i found a new hair mask and it's been making my hair really soft."

changbin admired felix, at the way he smiled. the way his hair poofed out at the end of the ponytail. the headband he wore made little hills out of his hair. he watched as the boy yawned, turning to look at the clock. 11:37 pm.

"i should get going, you should go to sleep," changbin smiled, closing the container. he stood up, stretching his limbs a little.

"no! it's okay, i want to stay up with you, even for a little bit." felix grabbed onto changbins hand, dragging him back down next to him on the floor. "please."

warmth filled both of them, their ears turning slightly pink. "okay."

"do you want to watch a movie?"

-

felix had been asleep for a while now, the ending credits of the first harry potter movie rolling. the boy had been resting his head onto changbin, his breathing was heavy, evenly spread out.

changbin turned his head slightly, studying felix. he looked peaceful. his eyelashes laid so perfectly against his cheeks, the freckles that spread across his cheeks. the way his lips set against each-other. he was pretty. changbin hated himself for thinking that.

changbin looked away, heart thumping harshly against his chest. he stared at the credits, trying his best to not look back at the boy.

he felt his breaths hit his arm, ghosting warmth. he liked feeling someone sleeping near him. he felt safe, and he hoped felix did too. maybe this could be his chance to get a decent nights sleep for once. and that was the only reason. he hoped.

he closed his eyes, lowering the volume on the tv. he leaned his head towards the back, using his hoodie to prop it up. and he tried to sleep.

— ✨ —

[ june 28, 2023]

shorter one bc i find this one cute <3

shjt yall i thought i publiched this one two days ago