trip: the musical

After a good 10 minute cry, I opened the box. There was a little locket inside, golden and oval shaped. It had a tulip and a peach flower design. I opened the locket and there was a picture of us on one side, a selfie he had taken a while ago. We were both making a peace sign and holding each other close. On the other side the word 'Dazai' was carved into it. 

'He was serious about me wearing a necklace with his name on it, huh' I  thought and smiled, putting on the chain around my neck, accepting my destiny. I was diving into the ocean and there was nothing I could do about it. 

I stood up and got dressed, cleaning the tears from my face, grabbing the sketchbook and holding it close to my chest, my hands clutching tight to the object as if I let go, it would disappear. I headed towards the door, and opened it, seeing the garden illuminated by the cold light of the moon. Dazai was standing near the small pond in the middle of the garden, his back resting on the tree trunk, his hair moving slightly with the wind in the atmosphere. He had his eyes closed and a soft smile on his lips.

“Since when are you so cheesy?” I whispered and a goofy grin appeared on his face.

“Oh darling, and there's one more thing!” He said as she opened his eyes, and reached at the back of the tree trunk, pulling out a guitar. 

“Oh my god, are you going to sing wonderwall? If so I will go back to the room” I said mockingly, and he rolled his eyes. 

“You know I am no good with honest words, I can't find the right ones to say unless they have an ulterior motive, so I thought about stealing someone else's, you probably have heard them before, since we share the same spotify account” His voice was soft, she would dare to say he sounded timid even. He suddenly looked young under the moonlight. 

You are the reason Im smiling
when there is nothing to smile about

He started singing, he has heard him sing before, the whole Agency has, but it was often in this fake and over dramatic tone, as if he was putting on a show. This time his voice was sweeter and calm.

One day you will find someone who will love you like you deserve
But tonight I'm the only one left, and I'm betting it's a fact that you will never learn
Once I sink my teeth, your skins not so tough
I'll leave a tiny cut, there'll be a lot of blood
But once you wipe it up you will feel better about out entire situation

He started to walk around the garden, singing and playing guitar, putting on a show like he was a bard or a troubadour, he was smiling and had his eyes closed, I was impressed at how he did not trip while almost dancing around the place. 

I do things wrong, you thought I might
You say I'm gonna miss you when you leave and you are probably right

I did know the song, I was the one who showed it to him, a bittersweet love song, about those romance that don't end up right, a sad smile formed in my lips. It was not the kind of song you want your partner to sing to you, but this was an honest ballad. 

You say I should think before I talk, you say I shouldn't think about my life
Cause once I finally hit the ground, who's gonna drag me into the light?

I walked into the garden and got close to him, until he was one step away, he stopped walking around and opened his eyes, looked down on my neck and saw the chain around my neck sparkling in the moonlight, he grinned at me and I stuck my tongue out to him.