fall from grace

I didn't get it, sure she is pretty but I didn't get the fascination.

Dazai was talking to a blonde woman who came to the Agency for help. But she just looked kind of fake, or is it my internalized misogyny?

I left the office and went to the café to work.

"There you are! I was getting bored up there" Dazai said, coming in with a black eye forming on his face, probably done by Kunikida.

"I'm working, unlike others" I said without looking at him, I hate his guts today.

"Let's go eat crab cakes from the sketchy store near here, I am bored" he whined as he rested his head on my shoulder.

"Don't you have work to do? Go help the pretty blondie upstairs" I said bitterly and moved away so his head would fall and bang on the table.

"Ouch what the fuck?" He screamed holding his forehead.

"What is going on with you today?" He asked in a more serious tone.

"There's nothing wrong with me, I just think you are annoying as always" I said, almost biting my tongue.

"Oh honeybear, are you jealous?" He was smiling from ear to ear and his eyes sparkling, he looked childish.

"You are delusional" I looked at him with my eyebrows furrowed. He just got closer to my face, our nose almost touching. I felt my cheeks get hot.

"I think it's cute, honestly, just know you have been my favorite for a while♡" he said almost whispering, not moving an inch just looking at my eyes, almost seductively.

For the first time I couldn't think of a comeback, I felt so nervous and ...shy? What the fuck is going on with me, I am not shy, I'm an extrovert, I'm a psychologist, I know the answers, I am the one in control, but now...

My hands are sweating, I can hear my heartbeat in my ears, all I can notice is how perfect his ugly face is, and how his messy hair always seems to fall perfectly on his face.

I turned to face the work I was doing. I lost this fight. He knows it too, his smirk was one of victory.

"If you are gonna distract me from work I'm gonna ask you to leave me alone" I said softly.

"I need you to do something for me." he said, still pretty close to my face.

"If it's not work related I won't do it, not in the mood" I said without looking at him.

"Oh I can get you in the mood if you want." he said, sounding flirty.

"But it is work related so, I need you to go to this flower shop and get something I ordered, then to pick up some documents and pictures of a crime scene from the Police," he said as he handed me the business card of a flower shop and an authorization letter for the police to hand me classified information. Then he finally moved out of my face.

"Fine" I said as I got up and headed to the door.

"I mean it, pretty eyes, I do" he yelled at me as I closed the door.

♧♧♧

I have been waiting for three hours in the damn Station, I hate cops.

I still have to get to the flower shop, I should have known that Dazai is as sketchy as ever, making me do his work and the flowers are probably for his countless women he casually dates.

I finally got the files and pictures of the crime scene and evidence and could get the damn flowers, if he makes me pay for them I will murder him.

The flower shop was pretty, small business but looked homey.