people watching

I got off the cab a few blocks before my apartment, because you can never be too sure. My phone was ringing like crazy, and I have decided to ignore it and just delay the consequences of my reckless actions for a bit.

I took the bandages off my head slowly, the pain and uncomfortable sensation have subsided and it seems safe to let my right eye see again. I saw the smudge of blood on the bandage and Dazai's face popped into my mind. The way I left was not the best, I did not leave him a note, even though I supposed he would have known where I had gone by the time he noticed the empty space of my bed.

I sighed and took the last bandage off, revealing a violet eye with a cat like iris, a blink and then it was gone.

'If you let me I can see the world by lending me your eye, and if you want I can let you see how it looks from my lenses' Lilith said in my head.

'What was the thing that surrounded everyone?' I asked her in curiosity

'Their soul, that's why it felt overwhelming to you, it's not something a human should see, but the closer both of us get, the better you will adapt to see what others can, only if you want, I won't hurt you anymore, I'm sorry for that' She answered plainly, I could see her walking on the beach in our place inside my mind.

'Thank you...for allowing me to see something so precious, I hope next time I can appreciate it more' I told her, and my eye switched between blinks and I smiled. This is my life now.

I took a shower and headed to the Agency. I was playing with my fingers, moving and feeling the textures of the rings, I was scared of the look on Dazai's eyes. We had a moment yesterday, and there is a big possibility that I ruined it by my own selfishness.

I opened the door and all the faces in the Agency turned in my direction.

"Hey... so my eye is fine now, sorry I didn't pick up the phone" I said to anyone in particular.

"Where were you? Don't you know how worried we were?" Kunikida started to scold me and I just stayed in the middle of the office looking at my shoes and taking the yells of my responsible superior. He kept waiting for an answer to my whereabouts and I didn't know what to say. I could say I spent the night at a Port Mafias Executive's apartment.

"Oh right! I gave her permission to go home and for a walk, so she could get in contact with Lilith and fix the issue, and it seems like my wonderful plan worked! Your pretty eyes are back to normal hooray" Dazai chimed in and walked to me, wrapping his arm around my shoulder pulling me closer.

"You idiot, why didn't you say that sooner! You almost go her in trouble, but of course it was one of your stupid ideas!" Kunikida kept yelling at Dazai and pointing at him, I just smiled nervously and nodded. Dazai's embrace told me he knew where I was and what I was doing. He was tense and his smile was fake, his jaw was clenched.

Ranpo was looking at me too, eyes opened and serious, I have forgotten that nothing gets past that genius detective, except public transportation. I have to be clear with him too and get him to help me on my illicit friendship with the one, Nakahara Chuuya.

Dazai got pulled away by Kunikida and thrown into a wall, they started to argue, or more exact, the browned haired detective just heard whatever his blonde partner was yelling at him. And I took the chance to walk up to Ranpo's desk and sat on top of it, both of us facing the door.

"Are you going to tell on me?" I asked him straight to the point. He chuckled.

"It would be fun to do so, imagine the chaos! But I won't, what you did is logical, plus I have told you before, I like him better" He said resting his back on his chair and bringing his legs up to the desk.