clouds

It was a bright day with clear sky in Yokohama, a lazy day in the office. Well, everyday was a lazy day for the man looking outside the window, making shapes out of the few clouds in the sky.

The brown hair man looked for sense and purpose in those clouds, finding only dread and annoyance because of their lack of answers.

"Is everything alright Dazai-san?", asked the young white haired man called Atsushi, with a hint of worry, fully aware of the suicidal tendencies of the man he was talking to.

A sudden cheerful smile appeared on Dazai's face, the change was so fast it looked almost instinctive, one could say natural, some would dare to believe it was honest, truth is, he was just that good at lying and acting.

"Of course everything is alright, it's a beautiful day, don't you think?" And so he diverted the attention onto Atsushi, who began rambling about the weather and how peaceful the day really is, since there was not a lot of work.

Dazai sometimes felt kind of guilty, avoiding his subordinate's worry in such an easy way, but then, if it was so easy then it couldn't be that wrong right?

He knew the peace would come to an end soon, he had been noticing certain vans around the city coming from Tokyo every month, every Thursday, going to the outskirts of town. He has also noticed the increase of missing young girls around Japan, he has noticed all that, but a direct order hasn't been given, should he say something? It all started as a little game of playing detective, even though that's his real job, he made nothing out if it, he works for the Armed Detective Agency, this should be work for the Police force, so he said nothing, but it has already been 5 months since this happenings, 'when is enough, enough?' Maybe I should just tell the President about it so he can inform the Police.', he thought as he continued looking outside the window and ignoring his pile of many unfinished reports, blending in with the screams of his coworker with strict ideals, he just faded in the background, feeling calm, but nothing more aside of that. And that's a good day for him.

----

Kind of short I know, but this build up will have its pay off!!

-M