poor boy

I was kind of pissed.

It has been two weeks since the toxic mushroom incident and Dazai hasn't mentioned it. That day he just woke up three hours later, got up, went to his desk, grabbed his wallet and left, came back two hours later, lazed around in his desk and then went home.

I risked getting puke all over my hands, and my butt hurt a lot for being in the same position for three hours so I wouldn't wake him and he didn't even say a single "thanks". He is ungrateful and spoiled and I want to punch him.

He keeps acting like nothing happened, still teases me a bit, steals my snacks and keeps doing messy case files so that I take longer arranging them.

But I won't say anything, oh no, I am zen. I would rather shoot myself in the foot than give him the satisfaction to know that I am pissed and he got a reaction out of me. I am cool. Rampo said he was a stray dog but dogs are loyal, you pet them once and they will follow you straight home, he ain't no stray dog, he's just an egotistical man.

"Are you alright?" Atsushi asked me with a worried expression on his face.

"Yeah, why do you ask?" I responded, turning my eyes back to the pile of sheets I was punching holes in to put them in files.

"You seem, um, a little bit angry and look like you are taking it out on those poor papers" he said pointing at the papers.

"Well, I said I'm fine" I said angrily and the poor boy just jumped and left.

"Turn around bright eyes♪︎, we got a job for you" I heard Dazai sing, and I just glared at him so hard that I wished his head would just go boom.

"Oh, did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed?" He asked while getting closer till he was beside me.

"What do you want?" I said with the fakest nice voice I could make, he raised an eyebrow and ignored it.

"We need you to interview someone, and you are not gonna like it, but he refuses to talk to men, and none of the police women have made him talk, we need your psychological superpowers to make him confess" he said while passing me yet another case file.

And he was right, I was not liking it already.

Takeshi Haruno, age 36, accused by 4 underaged girls of sexual assault, they all have presented signs of violence but there's not DNA to link it to him. The victims were assaulted inside the man's convenience store, the store's security cameras have not been working for a while, a "coincidence" he argues.

"He did it, we just need him to confess and make everything easier, for us and the victims" he added.

"How do you know he did it? He has no history of sexual violence and people describe him as "kind, hard working and outgoing". I asked, to be honest, I already know he fit the profile, he was single and has been for a while, didn't marry once, no mention of close friends, the only people who gave a reference of him were his parents and elderly people who live in the neighborhood. Given the social and gender inequality situation of the country it wouldn't be rare to turn to violence towards women.

"It's my job to know things, you just have to trust me." Dazai said, winking at me. Oh I wanted to punch him so much.

"So can you do it? If you say you can't it's fine, I'll find another way, but I think you can do it" he said in a more serious tone.

"Will I be alone?" I asked sincerely.

"Nope, Kunikida and I will be on the other side of the glass, plus other police officers if anything happens, but you would be interviewing him alone." He responded looking at me.