ice cold

"You don't like him do you?" The young woman asked her darker counterpart.

"Not a bit." she answered.

They were sitting on a make-believe bridge in the middle of nowhere. Their feet touch the water below them as they watch the moon being reflected on the fake ocean. They were in the fake palace in the young woman's mind, where she kept the entity she called Lilith, sometimes Hecate, other times, she even didn't know if there was a difference between them.

"Why not?" I asked her, resting my head on her shoulder.

"He is going to hurt us, in all possible ways, and you think you can suck it up but I know we will end up crying on the bathroom floor" She answered resting her head on mine.

"We should be fine, also he promised not to hurt us unless necessary" I reassured her.

"Your definition of necessary and his might be very different" She whispered and part of me knew she was right.

"You say that just because you like Chuuya better..." I whispered and she giggled like a teen with a crush.

"We both know that if he had made a move we probably would be in his apartment drinking fancy wine, wearing his expensive shirt with no pants, and being treated like princesses" She said in a whiny voice, and I just smiled sadly.

"I know, but it was imposible plus, he was the one that stopped answering our calls. He does not care about us anymore" my voice was soft and melancholic.

"Who do you think was the one who made the radio station play the same part of a song over and over again to let Dazai know Ango was coming, and let a duffle bag full of weapons on the doorstep? Chuuya is just too good, and that devil of yours is good at taking advantages" She said while poking the human part of her on the ribs.

"I do miss Chuuya, but I like Dazai, and for now that's how it is" I said to the woman beside me.

"For now" She answered back and pushed us into the sea.

◘◘◘

I woke up and I was in my room in my apartment. There was no Dazai in sight. I felt shivers down my spine and my head was dizzy, the fever had not gone down but it was bearable.

I stood up and headed to the bathroom. I washed my face and looked at myself in the mirror. The white streak on one side of my face has become two, now framing my face symmetrically. I sighed and heard the door opening. I got out of the bathroom and walked to the kitchen.

Dazai was walking toward the kitchen too, holding two bags of ice. He looked at me briefly before putting the bags in the freezer and a hand on my forehead. He was acting strange, colder, distant.

"What's going on?" I asked him while reaching to touch his arm slightly but he moved away, I frowned at his reaction.

"Nothing, I'm just tired of being by your side all the time making sure you don't get your freaking brain fried, but don't worry I'll get out of your hair so you can call Yosano and make out with her okay?" He said in a passive aggressive tone, more aggressive than passive. He made his way out of the kitchen.

"Are you jealous?" I said, raising my eyebrow, and holding a laugh. This is not the time to chuckle but seeing, the Dazai Osamu, being jealous like this, of Yosano, it's kind of funny. I followed him out of the kitchen and into the small place before the living room. He just scoffed.

"I am not jealous, I am perfectly fine!" He said, still angry, still not looking at me.

"I don't get why you are so angry, I obviously did not mean what I said to Yosano, we were just joking around!" I said to him, raising my voice a little, this was getting really annoying each second.