park bench

I woke up at 3:27 am, my unwrapped eye opened and I felt Dazais head on my shoulder and his pinky finger still intertwined with mine. I missed having him close, and his ocean-like smell. I looked at his soft features, he always looked younger than he is while sleeping. I missed him a lot.

But... the face that popped in my head the moment I woke up was... Chuuya's. It had been months since I had last seen him or had contact with him. I can't ignore that he was on my mind when I almost died, the sudden end of the friendship we had really had a tool on me, especially since I had no one else to talk to.

And now, with the burning in my right eye, a lingering sense of something ricocheting inside my very own soul leaves me with more questions than answers and the only person who can, maybe not answer, but understand me, is that little lion man.

I moved slowly trying to get out of my side of the made up big bed. Dazai was a really light sleeper, but he often seemed to sleep better with me around, so I am taking advantage of that. Somehow I got to get out of his sweet embrace and stood in the middle of the cold infirmary alone. I stared at this almost frail looking man sleeping peacefully, now by himself swimming in the big space that I left missing. The moon was making the white of the bed sheets shine. Dazai looked beautiful, so much that I thought about just going back to that little island.

But I jumped and swam towards what I thought was land.

I grabbed my bag and headed to the door and ran into the night. I knew exactly where he was, I don't know if Lilith told me in an unknown way but I just knew that if I went there, he would be sitting in that place we both once were.

I ran and ran into the night, the streets were almost empty, I received a glance or two from random citizens that were wandering in the early morning or late at night, depending on who you are. I didn't feel tired, I have been running for about 15 minutes straight and my breathing has not been bothered, I probably looked like a lunatic just sprinting with a smile on my face.

He was there, a bright red mane hidden inside the hat that sat on the top of his head, a cigarette hanging from his gloved fingers. Eyes closed as he rested his back on a streetlight pole. I stopped running and started to walk to him, he heard my footsteps and his eyes grew bigger, a smile placed on my lips.

The cigarette fell from his hand and he opened his mouth as if to say something and I just ran again to him and closed the distance between us with a forceful embrace. I practically tackled him to the ground, except that a red glow kept us from hitting the cold floor and kept us floating in the air. My arms around his neck and my face buried in his neck, I held him so tight I thought he might choke. He has not said a word, he just hugged me back wrapping unsure arms around my waist. A warm sensation appeared on my chest like a lit up candle. She's back.

Chuuya pushed me away kind of hard but I just floated away, feet still not touching the ground.

"What the fuck was that?" He was kind of shaken. He had one hand on his chest as if out of breath. I just looked at him confused and he deactivated his ability slowly, letting me touch the floor slowly so I wouldn't fall over.

"I just felt something...move" He whispered, and I just opened my mouth as if saying "oh".

"Arahabaki must be reacting to us" I said, looking at him from a distance and pointing at myself. I might be on good terms with the entity inside me, but it's not the same story with Chuuya who has no control over it.

"Fuck you mean us?" He asked, still in a state of alert.

"Me and the entity that calls herself by many names" I said, taking a step forward and he took a step back. I raised the palm of my hand telling him to wait and turned around to have a conversation with the guest in my body and soul.