bitting

We spent the night talking, I tried to raise my voice, higher than a whisper, to see if the two men outside would come in, but they didn't, it seems like they just wanted to keep us there and that was it.

"We are being sold", I told the girls out loud. I heard one start to cry.

"It's a good thing you know, well, not a good good thing, but it means they won't hurt us or, um, touch us inappropriately, that would lower our prices." My voice came out as condescending more than comforting. I hate this situation, I hate feeling responsible for these kids, but that's how I have always been, ain't no coincidence that I chose a working field that meant taking care of people in some way.

"A good thing would be going home" I heard another voice, Arisu, the oldest, said. she sounded angry and I dont blame her, I had to go and open my mouth and say I would get them out, how the fuck am I gonna do that?

But I have a plan, and I'm about to do the first thing in my plan. I'm gonna take the blindfold off, just a bit, just so I can see our surroundings and see where the damn door is. I doubt I will get killed, we have been here for a while, which means, we are probably already sold. Maybe I will get beat up, high risk high reward.

Slowly, I lifted my hand up to my face, my hands felt so cold, my fingers were rough and freezing, and so I lifted one side of the blindfold. The room was dark, there were no windows, it was like a shipping container, I don't know what time it was.

We were evenly distributed, two girls on the wall on the left, two on the right and I was at the bottom of the room and right in front is the door. A slim gray, metallic door with no additional locks. Is this a fucking joke?

And I heard the door open.

A man came holding two plastic bags.

And I saw him right in the eye. He looked straight at me.

I then placed my blindfold on and started praying. It has been years since I did that, I am not much of a believer, as you can see, God hasn't been there for me that much.

"Ave Maria, Santa Madre de Dios, ruega por nosotros en la hora de nuestros sufrimiento", I whispered, like a song, almost like a lullaby, I was singing to myself, hearing my mothers voice in mine, I miss my mom.

"Amen", a male voice whispered in front of me and left two things on the floor, one sounded like a plate, and the other I couldn't quite hear. If i was hydrated I think i would've pissed myself. I only bite my lip so hard that I could feel the blood dripping down my chin.

It was not a compassionate "amen", it was a threatening one.

But that told me two things:

One, they can't hurt us, that much at least.

Two, it was day time.

Now I just need a way to get these girls out and return to work with that nice couple at the bakery.