They got into another taxi, leading them to god knows where, she fell asleep again, holding onto his arm and using it as a pillow. He looked at her, the white of her hair framing her face, her hair was getting longer. The bags under her eyes were getting bigger too, but the spark inside her eyes burned brighter. Dazai saw how much she has changed in the span of less than two years. 

'I wonder if I have changed' He thought to himself as she played with the hair of the girl sleeping beside him, putting some strands out of place and messing it up so she looked crazy. 

The ride was a little bumpy, the road was not pavemented since they were in a small town with a coast, it was hotter there than it was in Yokohama, but it didn't seem to bother her at all. Dazai hated summer, it made his bandages get sweaty and sticky, and on his worst days he couldn't find any energy to change them, so he would stay uncomfortable wearing all the layers of clothing that made him feel protected. 

“Once again, wake uuuup, we are here!” He said yelling in her ear, being annoying. He received a slight slap in his face, he laughed it off and she groaned. 

They got out of the taxi, the sun was hitting their faces, the warm feeling hugging their skin. She smiled while looking at Dazai, watching as he took out the bags from the trunk of the car and talked to the driver. She turned around and saw the entrance. It looked like a big house, probably a small guest house, something more intimate than a hotel. There were plants and flowers adorning the structure, it looked homey. 

The tall man told her to follow him and she did, as she always has done. She found herself stepping where his feet had touched the ground, hiding her figure on the shadow his back casts, her ears ready to hear his commands. It was her choice, but it also wasn't. You don't fight with the sea, you learn to travel it, to read it. And she has made her home the salty water and her favorite music the sound of crashing waves. 

The manor had a garden in the middle, there was a small pond in the middle, beside a big tree that seemed old enough to have seen wars come and go, the green of the grass contrasting the different flowers that were growing wildly and freely on the ground. The rooms were around the garden. Dazai opened the door and she sneaked in first. It was a simple room, traditional japanese style, it had a big window where you could see the rice plantation fields and the sky above them. 

“Get dressed, put a swimsuit on and let's get going” He said as he took out some clothes from one of the bags. She raised her eyebrow but opened her own bag and there were various pieces of clothing, and every single thing she needed on the trip. That man knows her scarily well. She found two swimsuits at the bottom, both bikinis, one black the other red, simple yet they looked pretty. 

“Really?” she said, raising the two pieces in front of him, he just smirked and paid it no mind. 

“How did you even know my measurements…” She whispered, confused on how he got the sizes right. 

“How could I not? I have been there, done that, and got the promotion” He said nonchalantly, and she grew red, walking rapidly to the bathroom to hide herself, even though apparently there was nothing to hide anymore. 

She came out with a sundress on, the white contrasting the red of the small cherries pattern on the fabric, the skirt went all the way down ending below the knee. Dazai had a loose beige button up shirt, and some black shorts. The texture of the piece of clothing made it seem like a swimsuit. She stared at the shorts, she had never seen him wear shorts. His legs were still wrapped in bandages.