Chapter 14:Hot Rod Bot

Dani, Cody and Sooha prepare to watch a race broadcast from the mainland.

Sooha: hello Dani.

Cody: Do you need help?

And Dani brought a stack of sandwiches.

Dani: ah, thanks Cody, but this has been my race day tradition since before you were born, I got it.

Dani: *turning on the television* and now if the fans are in the stands, let's put the pedal to the metal.

And Huxley Prescott is on hand to report on the race.

Huxley: I'm Huxley Prescott, live from the mainland, bringing you exclusive triple cup coverage of the first of three sprint races, and bringing me into prime time.

Huxley: But the crowd favorite, of course, is racing legend Donatello Camposecco.

Dani: Oh, that donatello, oh, the way he negotiates those hairpin turns, without throttling *sighs*bravissimo.

Huxley: But the real winner may be Bertram Luskey, the local mayor who has turned the mainland's annual race into his town's biggest draw.

Cody: wait, is there another mayor luskey?

Sooha: Mayor Bertram is Mayor Luskey's older brother.

Dani: you would know it by looking at them.

The race begins, only for a mysterious runner to join the field who turns out to be Blurr and quickly passes the other runners, and all three recognize him.

Sooha: wait, is that...?

Dani: Only a driver could catch up with Donatello so fast.

All three:Blurr.

Opening:

And blurr wins the race.

Everyone: *Celebrate*.

Blurr: The crowd goes wild, now for the best part.

*circles on the floor*

Blurr: Woohoo! Yeah! Haha!

And in just a few seconds, he is surrounded by the press.

Huxley: Who are you? Show us your face.

Blurr: *realizing he can be found out* (Oh man, I didn't plan this).

And he escapes.

Dani: * annoys * that sneaky, what was he thinking?

Sooha: Maybe Blurr had a good reason for entering the race.

Dani: And put a "watch me in a victory show"?

*The rest of the team arrives at the fire station*

Dani: *whispers* We'd better keep this to ourselves until I can talk to Blurr.

Sooha: *whispers* yes, can you imagine what Heatwave would do to him if he found out?

Sooha: *whispers* Last week she chained a guy to a bridge for trying to flirt with me.

Charlie: I just heard on the radio, a surprise winner in the big race. Huh? Any clues who the driver is?

Cody: Uh, actually...

Dani: Just a great shooter who cares more about showing off than racing.

Sooha: y-yes, haha...

Heatwave: If he won, that means he's the better runner. Doesn't that give him the right to show off?