Volume 4 : Double Question Pt 1

Ayanokoji Kiyone POV

In the afternoon, I once again went to the discussion room of the (Rabbit) group.

But even in the same place and the same space, depending on who you're with the atmosphere will also inevitably change. I arrived in the room ten minutes before the start of the discussion and the one who arrived right after me was Karuizawa. 

When she saw me, she immediately averted her eyes away from me. She then sat in the corner furthest away from me and started fiddling with her phone. It's not like we had a fight or anything, or that we don't get along. I'm just simply put, hated by her. But that's the worst type of relationship to have.

If there is a reason behind the hate, there is room for reconciliation. However if there is only an ambiguous dislike of me, I cannot make any breakthrough with her. Currently, my standing with her is quite bad. I could have left the room and spent time out in the hallway until Ichinose and the others arrive. But I can't just leave because the atmosphere is getting awkward in here.

I quickly corrected my stance in a manner befitting a dignified person. In any case, this type of exam is particularly bad for me. Especially since it revolves around the concept of 'dialogue' which is a weakness for me. After spending the entire semester as a loner, it's not like I can suddenly start cultivating a chatty image. But Karuizawa seems to have no intention of keeping quiet since she placed the phone near her ear and started speaking.

Karuizawa : "Hey"

Kiyone : "H-Huh? M-Me?"

She suddenly called but I wonder if she perhaps talk to me. I mean she didn't even look at me

Karuizawa : "Of course dwimmit. Who else do you think I'd called for on this empty room?"

Kiyone : "O-Oh...What is it Karuizawa-san?"

Karuizawa : "I don't think that Yukimura or that pig were the 'VIP'. So, are you perhaps the 'VIP' here?"

Kiyone : "Unfortunately, I'm not"

Karuizawa : "Is that so?"

She's simply ignoring me

Karuizawa : "Ah, moshi-moshi?...How're things over there?...Here?...Things are awful here.....Right now only me and doll-face here?...Who?...The girl who mostly unnoticed who tagging along with Horikita....Uh...Sure....Ahahaha that's interesting......"

She spoke to her friend through the phone.

Since we were the only people in the room, naturally I could hear every bit of her conversation. The worst part is that once she ends her call, an awkward silence descended upon the room.

I wonder about something. Unlike Yukimura, she didn't ask again to confirm. 

I decide this moments to ask since she already done talking with her friend on phone

Kiyone : "Ano...Karuizawa-san..."

Karuizawa : "Huh?"

Kiyone : "Do you trust me? About the 'VIP' I mean..."

Karuizawa : "Hah? You said you're not the 'VIP' right?"

I was surprised that she would so easily trust in my words. It's not like we ever got along or anything. But I suppose there's no real need to confirm that anyways, because what I'm really aiming for in this exam aren't the points. What I want to confirm is whether this person known as 'Karuizawa Kei' is truly a useful existence or not. 

Ichinose : "You're both early huh"

It seems the three students from Class B have arrived at the same time