Volume 3 : Day 3; Trial Based Freedom

Ayanokoji Kiyone POV

The questions Koenji-kun asked to Sakura-san and I had been on my mind for a long time. On day 3, I left the base camp just before noon and turned my feet to enter the forest. Just then, there was a girl who came near, running from behind.

Sakura : *Gasp* *gasp* *pant* ".....What are you planning to do now, Ayanokouji-chan?"

Sakura came running like she was searching for me. She exhaled and with every breath, her big breasts moved up and down.

Kiyone : "Have I not tied a handkerchief to a tree? I'm going there to check something out."

I wanted to confirm if it was true at an earlier date but I hardly had the time to do it.

Sakura : "....I know I shouldn't come............right? I'd be a hindrance, but........"

Kiyone : "You shouldn't do it. Aren't you had a little fever last night?"

Sakura : "It doesn't bother me at all. Besides......look I'm totally fine"

She lift up her arms and show me that she was on great condition.

Kiyone : "Well, suit yourself but I don't think this would be a fun thing to do, though? After coming to this island at great pains, I think it'd be better for you to have a little fun.... even though I don't have a fun side myself."

I decided to turn down Sakura's proposal with an appropriate excuse. But...

Sakura : "Well, doing that is fun for me!"

Sakura recoiled, feeling bad more than I imagined. 

Kiyone : *sigh* "Well then, should we go together? There's a condition. Later even if we get in trouble, you won't blame yourself."

Sakura : "It's okay!"

She replied with a beaming eyes. What kind of exchange was this....

On the way, finding the silence weird I decided to kill time by bringing up a familiar topic. Nothing could be more awkward than the lone sound of crispy and crunchy footsteps on the soil.

Kiyone : "Are you doing well with the others? For this kind of life, you can't do it alone."

Sakura : "Nuh-uh, not at all. I don't even talk to them, nor do I something else."

As if she was embarrassed by her pathetic self, I coughed while rolling a strand of hair with my index finger.

Sakura : "I really can't do anything. I can neither study nor do sports, I'm never improving in anything."

Kiyone : "Ah! This talk again..." *sigh* "How many times I told you. That's not true at all. Sakura-san is improving steadily."

Sakura : "Me? improving? Hahahaha....No way. Beside I don't think I had changed that much"

Kiyone : "It's true. Maybe you may not see it yourself, but little by little, you're surely growing."

I conveyed these things, not only by words but also through my behavior. It's effective for types that aren't confident like Sakura-san. It was the first time I made an appeal with words from the bottom of my heart, hoping they could ring out in her heart too.

Sakura stopped walking and looked at me with wavering eyes. Like those words didn't come from me. She was unconsciously trying to find the true meaning of my words.

Kiyone : "It's okay. Sakura-san can make new friends soon. School will be even more fun."

When our eyes met, Sakura hurriedly averted her gaze and looked down.