Volume 2 : Shizuku

Ayanokoji Kiyone POV

On the promised day

There's a retail store outlet located on campus, as the brand it belongs to is a famous nationwide retail chain store that entered into a partnership with the school. As their only customers would be students, the store itself isn't very large. Even so, the store readily sold supplies that students may need on a daily basis as well as electronics that students may be interested in.

Sakura-san, Hondou-kun, Kushida-san, and me. We exploring the area together

Kushida : "If I'm remembering correctly, the repair service is located at the counter in the back."

Kushida-san seemed to have been here several times before, as she promptly remembered where to go and headed deeper into the store. We followed behind.

Sakura : "I wonder if they'll be able to fix it soon..."

With an uneasy expression, Sakura-san tightly gripped the camera in her hands.

Hondou : "You're really fond of that camera."

Sakura : "Yes... Is that weird?"

Hondou : "No, not at all. Instead, isn't it a good hobby? Nevertheless, I hope they'll be able to fix it quickly."

Sakura : "Okay!"

Kushida : "There's where they take care of the repairs."

As there was a lot of merchandise inside the store, we were unable to see our surroundings properly. However, Kushida-san had found the repair center at the innermost section of the store.

Sakura : "Ah..."

Sakura stopped moving forward for some reason. From the side of her face, I could see that her expression had become one of blatant disgust, as though she had seen something unpleasant.

I followed Sakura's line of sight, but I couldn't find anything particularly out of place.

Kiyone : "What's wrong? Sakura-san?"

Kushida : "Are you perhaps ill?"

Kushida also seemed to find Sakura's behavior strange, so she called out to her.

Sakura : "Ah, uh... That..."

Though she seemed to have something to say, she ended up shaking her head and taking a deep breath.

Sakura : "It's nothing..."

After saying that, she put an earnest smile on her face and walked up to the receptionist at the counter of the repair center.

Kushida-san and I glanced at each other, but since Sakura said it was nothing, we followed after her.

The store name which we entering is 'SIVCAMERA'. 

The clerk welcomed us. I see from a tagname on him. It seems that this clerk name is Kusuda Yukitsu -san

Kushida-san spoke to the clerk and commissioned for him to repair the digital camera. But, why Hondou-kun keep frowned at him. I mean to the clerk

While that was happening, I took a look at the nearby electronics device inside store out of boredom.

However, the way Kushida-san conducted herself was rather fierce. She was talking to the store clerk, who she had only just met for the first time, as if they were old friends. Although Sakura-san was the owner of the camera who was seeking the repair service, she was only speaking up when she was being asked for consent.

That said, the clerk was in frightfully high spirits. He was energetically talking on and on with Kushida-san carrying a torrent of momentum. Based on the snippets of the conversation that I was able to overhear, it appears that he was asking Kushida-san out on a date to the movie theater to see the screening of an upcoming female idol concert. He seemed to be an exaggerated otaku, who was skillfully choosing his words to approach Kushida-san with a wide range of topics, from how the elections were going to matters regarding idol magazines.