Volume 2 : Truth and Lies

Ayanokoji Kiyone POV

The day our fate would be decided was here. 

Before anything else, I wanted to confirm that Sakura-san was coming to school. When I entered the classroom, I saw the same thing as always. Sakura-san sat quietly alone, so as not to get roped into other students' conversations. Her expression seemed even gloomier than usual. But in any case, she'd still come to school. I decide to interact wih her

Kiyone : "Good morning Sakura-san. Are you okay?"

Sakura : "Ah, good morning Ayanokoji-san. I'm fine."

I wondered if she was nervous. She seemed composed, if not completely calm.

Sakura : "I thought that things would be tough if I were absent today, so..."

so she'd made the painful decision to come to school. I imagined it would be impossible to tell her not to think about Sudou-kun and the others.

Kiyone : "Don't forget what I said. Testify for your own sake, more than anyone else's."

Sakura : "Yeah. I'll be okay."

Kiyone : "Sakura-san..."

I wonder should I repeat this again but...

Sakura : "Huh?

Kiyone : "Did you read the message which I sent to you last night?"

Sakura : "Eh? Y-Yeah..."

Kiyone : "...Just like the message that I tried to convey to you. If you need my help, I'll help you"

Sakura : "O-Oh..."

Then I decide to head toward my seat.

================================================================================

As the bell rang for the end of class

Horikita-san and I stood up. 

Kiyone : "Have you prepared for this, Sudou-kun?"

Sudou : "Yeah... I'm good. I was born ready."

As if mentally preparing himself for what lay ahead, Sudou-kun closed his eyes and folded his arms. But then he slowly opened his eyes again.

Sudou : "You might call me a complete idiot and make fun of me, but I'm me. If you have something you want to say, say it now."

Suzune : "Don't do anything selfish. Actually listening right now would be the clever thing to do, yes?"

Sudou : "Ugh, you always act so high and mighty, lady."

When you saw them like this, it did seem as though they fought like cats and dogs. But at the very least, Sudou-kun didn't hate Horikita-san. If he did he would've absolutely refused her help, no matter how advantageous her offer.

Kiyone : "Okay okay, lets stop thus meddlesome quarrel. And also, do your best, Horikita-san. Sudou-kun."

Suzune : "Hmph!"

Sudou : "Yoshaa!!"

Horikita didn't respond at all, but Sudou-kun pumped his fist to show resolve. I turned to check on Sakura-san who was still sitting down, her body rigid. She stood, her lips trembling slightly.

Sakura : "Yeah... I'm okay. Thank you..."

Sakura-san was far tenser than I'd expected. If she was in this psychological state before the meeting had even begun, she might not be able to speak satisfactorily.

Suzune : "Let's go. We'll make a bad impression if we're late."

The discussion was scheduled to begin at 4:00 PM. It was already 3:50 PM. We couldn't afford to take it slow. When the four of us got to the faculty room, a teacher waved at us to come on inside.