"Of course," you chuckle. "I wouldn't have missed it."

"Do you have a favorite?" he asks with a cheeky smile.

"Hmm, probably... Satellite."

"Great choice."

The conversation keeps flowing and suddenly it feels like it's just the two of you even though it's a crowded party that's happening around you. Harry realizes that no matter how much time passes between each time he sees you, he will always catch himself falling for you over and over again. He tries to flirt with you this time as well and this is the first time he can feel like his rizz is not going straight over your head.

"Y/N, I need you to be very honest with me," he starts, when you both had a few drinks. Neither of you is drunk, but definitely tipsy.

"About what?" you chuckle.

"Do I have a chance with you? For real, I'm not playing here," he smirks, placing one hand to his chest, while holding up the other one, his half empty glass rising into the air.

You sigh deeply, looking away from him as you busy yourself with your own drink.

"Ah, it hurts!" he acts as if he was shot in the chest. "Am I that ugly and boring?"

"Of course, you're not!" you roll your eyes.

"Okay, do you like me?"

"I do," you admit, avoiding to look him in the eyes.

"Alright, then let's take this conversation over to my place."

"I can't," you shake your head.

"We can go to yours as well, I'm fine with that too," Harry half jokes, but he notices that you're not laughing. "Y/N, what is it then?"

"I need to get some air." Jumping to your feet you leave your drink behind and head out to the back of the place that's the smoking area, hoping to be alone for a bit, but Harry rushes after you, determined to get answers this time.

He finds you in a dark corner, your arms wrapped around yourself as you stare out into the void.

"Y/N, I'm sorry if I went too far, I didn't mean to."

"It's... fine."

"I just... fuck, I really like you. A lot. I can't stop thinking about you and... I couldn't just not shoot my shot."

"You've been shooting your shot for a long time." He finally sees a tiny smile on your lips.

"So you did notice my attempts?" he grins. "Just chose to ignore them, I guess?"

"Harry, I can't."

"Can't ignore them anymore?"

"No. I can't date you."

"Can't as in...?"

Sighing, your head falls back, against the wall as you close your eyes for a few seconds before opening them and finally looking at him.

"I don't date."

"Why?"

"Because of Arian."

The picture is finally crystal clear in Harry's head. You're depriving yourself from dating because of your son.

It's no news to Harry that you're a mother, he has even met your five year-old son, but he never thought of him as the reason why you keep rejecting him. You keep your private life pretty hush hush, especially since you split from your ex, Arian's father three years ago. No one knows why you called it quits and there's actually no photo of the little boy online either, that's how dedicated you are to protect him from the public. Harry completely understands it, but he doesn't see why you can't date because of Arian.