28. Different pov's and This isn't Normal.

Brian's PoV

My body shakes as I hide inside of a stall in the boys' bathroom. The shooting stopped a while ago, but..

?

Tears run down my face. What's going on.. What.. Why would they..?

Why?

??

I saw Javier.. He got shot, and then.. A portal.. It was really strange. Was that his ability? No it couldn't be.. Because earlier his eyes rolled back, and Herr Schneider seemed to be in a trance. What was his ability? I've never felt this curious.

And.. When he got shot, I felt scared and I wanted.. to help him. But only because well.. He hasn't really been bothering me. But I was sure I would go back to hating him in less than a day!! Either way, I didn't see anyone else.

I hoped that Kojo, and Viraj were okay.

This isn't normal... I needed to check if Javier was okay, and if he wasn't then I was convinced that something fucked up is going on here.

It was as if he was emitting some kind of energy? It made me feel.. Safe and relieved. But also angry and afraid that I'm here.

And I still felt that way. Even if Javier wasn't here.

Asadi's PoV

Viraj opened the door and checked if it was safe outside. He protected me, as if that was his first priority. But I was too worried about Maryam and my friends to even care about why he came here. I.. had a feeling Viraj viewed me more than a friend.

And I didn't know what to do. So I simply ignored it, and I gave him signs that I could never like him, but it didn't help. It was as if he was just glad to be around me. Well, until this moment, he doesn't seem to be too interested in me. Which was good.. But I wanted to know why.

He sighs, "It stopped. This is all so.. Weird."

Elena barges in, "I can't find Selam..! And Yanli!"

I gulp, Selam.. No.. It.. he'll be fine, I believe in him and Daniel too!

Viraj raises an eyebrow, "Javier too."

But Elena doesn't seem to bother on the thought of something happening to Javier, she averts her stare and mumbles something that I didn't understand, "..doesn't bother me.."

Viraj raises his voice, fear evident on his face and the way he spoke, "Is Kojo okay? And Brian!"

Later Kojo, and Brian walk in. Kojo wrapped her arm around Brian's shoulders.

Viraj's checks up on Brian, but he smacks his hands away and yells, "..I saw Javier get shot!! But then.. A portal appeared and.. he just disappeared!"

Kojo looks tense, as if she knows something. She clears her throat but Ininteruppt her, "Something wrong?"

She widens her eyes, "..No."

Everyone turns to her. Brian asks, "You know something?"

Brian seems to have realized something, "Is it the fact that Selam, Daniel, Maryam, Yanli, and Javier are missing, and the fact that there are five people that have abilities? Is that it?"

There's no expression on her face, "So you suspect they have abilities?"

He whispers something to her, but I can't hear them.

Kojo's PoV

Shit.

Brian whispers, "..I overheard you telling to Yanli that you think Javier is the fifth. If he is, does Yanli have abilities, do the others do too?"

I sigh defeated, it's not my secrets to tell. Besides, no one is supposed to know until the tournaments. I turn to him and whisper in his ear, "..yes. But no one is supposed to know until the tournaments, so please.. keep your mouth shut, for me."

He gulps and averts his gaze, "So they don't have abilities, I guess I must have been shaken up for me to have seen that."

Viraj smiles, "It's okay, you must've thought it happened."

Asadi's PoV

I didn't believe that. But then again, no one was being honest so all I could do was wait. Maybe.. my friends will explain, if they are alive.

——

Javiers PoV

We're all inside of my room. Maryam runs a bath, and Daniel discusses something with Yanli as Selam wipes my forehead clean.

After that, Yanli sends Daniel, and Maryam to their rooms using her portals, and she goes too.

Selam stays though. He wipes me clean, and washes my hair. I let my body sink in the warm water.

I joke, "You can get in too." Selam laughs, "Isn't that too soon?"

I hum, "Soon then.. Soon.." My smile fades, "That kiss.. What did it mean?"

I know I shouldn't be discussing it now, due to our circumstances but I just needed one thing to be positive to be in my life. He surprises me by placing a kiss on my lips, "I'm not sure, but we are definitely not just friends now."

Blushing, I avert my gaze and I accept that. As long as you're by my side.

—-

Selam's PoV

I Walk into Asadi's room. And I'm welcomed by him hugging me. He scolds me because he thought I was gonna die. But we all knew I somehow couldn't.

Brian squinted his eyes and observed me the entire time, so I could not resist the urge to read his mind, and when I did. I was surprised. So Kojo told him about the people that have abilities? And now he's.. Envious of Javier? What was his problem with Javier? He also fantasizes killing him, which is not normal. I'm assuming because of Kojo? Sick Bastard.

Kojo only seems to be scared, because of her friend problem so I reassure her, "Yanli is fine, I saw her running towards her room."

With that she bolts out of there. Asadi carefully says, and I ignore the way Viraj flinches, "Is.. Maryam okay?"

I nod, "I escorted her to her room. She's shaken up." He carefully leaves to check up on her, but not before thanking Viraj for protecting him. Viraj leaves and I'm stuck with Brian.

He only looks at me, so I approach him, looking down at him slightly, I clench my jaw, and knit my eyebrows angrily, "Leave Javier alone. He has been through enough, and he doesn't need or want your pity self lingering around him."

I sigh and calm myself down, "..I'm glad you're okay. Go to Kojo."

He nods but I know he feels frustrated because he lacks an ability. He scurried away and I head to my room to clean up.

I didn't hate Brian nor did I ever like him. We barely spoke. He was always intimidated by me.

Viraj was really funny and cool, so I couldn't hate him. But there was some kind of love triangle going on between Asadi, Viraj, and Daniel. Not really, as Asadi liked Maryam and so did she.

Daniel likes Viraj, but Viraj likes Asadi, and Asadi likes Maryam and so does she.

I wasn't sure who Kojo liked. I mean I knew Brian liked her, but she seems to be fighting with herself not to reciprocate those feelings.

Kojo was cool, although she was harsh at times, I didn't hate her. I knew Yanli because of her due to them being close friends. Their personalities were practically the same so it was no doubt they'd get along well.

Yanli was with Elena because she liked her. I did feel bad for her sometimes, her thoughts would tell her to hate me, but she couldn't do that because she knew it wasn't my fault. So I made sure to be.. Nice to her.

Elena.. she was with Maryam, and everyone likes Maryam so I had to get along with her friends too! Elena is like a friend to me, although I know she likes me, I didn't know how to tell her that I didn't like her. But now that I.. feel something for Javier, it seemed easy.

FALSE: School of the Unknown.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें