17. We're not Kids anymore.

Fuck am I really thinking about the past? How did I go from thinking I like Selam, to thinking about the past?!

I realize that tears are about to run down my face when Selam calls out for me, "Javier. Are you okay?"

I turn around too fast and my head spins, pressing my palm against my forehead, I close my eyes and clench my teeth angrily for no reason, "..Yes."

He observes me with that expressionless look of his, "Are you crying."

I gulp and angrily huff, "..Ugh.. No. I'm.."

Looking away I regret sounding so mean. He raises an eyebrow, "Sure."

I hate when he does that. He used to do that a lot when we were younger! He'd ask a fucking question in which he knows the answer to, and then when I lie, he'd know and answer short. Playing along instead of telling me off for lying about my emotions!!!

I discreetly use my thumb on my right hand to peel the skin of my index, well, it will soon peel since I'm scratching it so deeply. I tighten my throat, and refuse to say more than that when all he does I look at me.

He just stands that, as if he doesn't actually care. Or maybe I'm just seeking for his attention. Then again, Selam never really seemed like he was interested in me.

A tear slips out despite my attempts to stop myself from crying, I wipe the tear off and bite my tongue.

Selam smirks a little, but he quickly stops himself thinking I didn't see it, he questions again, "Really?"

I'm not sure why that makes me even more angry, I cross my arms and take a few deep breaths trying to calm myself down. But I can't and so I just stick to fiddling with my fingers and scratching them.

I roll my eyes and huff, turning around to storm off when he only decides to provoke me. Or AT LEAST it seems like he is.

He grabs my arm and yanks me towards him, my whole body does a 180 spin and my chest hits his.

Trying to blink the tears away, Selam only peers down at me with intense eyes, eyes that hold so many things he wishes to say, and eyes that reveals that he isn't careless.

I whisper my voice breaking, "Let go."

I try again, shaking my body weakly, "..Let go.."

Clenching my teeth, my mouth slightly parted, and my eyes widen with tears that are now running down my face, "..Let ..go.. Please.."

Raising my voice, I push him away to release myself from his grasp, "..Let go!!"

I mumble words even I don't understand. Asadi and Elena are outside, Asadi looks confused, and Elena looks annoyed but guilty.

I hurry away and when I'm no longer being watched by them, I run towards the dorms.

——-

The security Guard looks at me with a weird look I can't help but roll my eyes.

But I feel his breath next to my ear, and his hands on my hips, "Are you okay?"