30. The tournament

Javier's PoV

A week has passed, and it was the day of my tournament.

I felt excited because Selam would be watching me, but nervous because I didn't wanna make a mistake. I was getting ready, I wore a black tank top, that was so tight you could notice my narrow waist, baggy dirty green pants, and boots. Tying my hair up to a man bun, I make sure I'm wearing some chapstick, and use some cream to rub on my skin.

I was wearing protective gloves and elbows caps and knee caps.

Sighing, I look over to Sam, "What are you?"

She smiles, "Runner, just like you. Don't worry I'll protec-" I interrupt her, "I don't need your protection. But thanks."

She hums, "Oohh bratty, I wonder how Selam can deal with you, then again, he probably has to punis-"

I smack her head with a book that was on the desk and she exclaims. Burim walks in and grins at me, "Hey, guess what, I'm the attacker, I'm only telling you guys because I'm your friend."

"Sure." He didn't wanna tell us about the other attackers because it wouldn't be fun. So we just called him a backstabber, and got ready for the tournament.

It was time for the tournament.

There was a gate that went up when it was time for us to walk out of the Hall. Each person had their own, and an invisibility camera would be filming everything to show others, they would introduce our names and ranks, and they better use a good picture  of us.

Not to mention the fact that they would be announcing who the runners were and the attackers, but we weren't gonna know, only the audience.

I was reunited with Sam and she instantly strode over to me, "Heyy! We're together."

I emotionless say, "Sadly. Check your watch, you need to know where the flag is, so we have a clearer view on where and how to start."

She nods, she checks her watch and so do I. A Map of the area shows, we were on a building now and there were several other buildings with rooms that were open, well ATLEAST I thought they were. The flag was practically at the other side of the woods, but we could make it. I instruct her to go on the left side, and I would go to the right.

We were gonna split up, and we decided to meet up at one of the buildings incase anything happened and we needed each other. I ran to the other side of the building, and looked down, it was a very very long way down.

But I needed to get down, or better, on the other building. I practiced this, and I observed my sorroundings.

There was another building attached to this way, but the wall was long so I thought I couldn't climb it. But there was a fan attached to it, so I calculated a way. And instantly ran towards the wall.

My right foot collided with the wall, and I bent my legs and placed my hand on the fan, as I put pressure on my hands in order to push my body up. Rolling on the floor, I run but pause when I see the next building. It was very close to the one I was standing up, and it would be easy to just jump, but I liked being the dramatic hoe that I was, and knowing that people were watching me, I wanted to make it spicier.

Stepping back, I sprint for life and it's all enhanced when I know there's an attacker behind me, they yell into their watches, "I spotted Javier!! He's in.."

——

No one's pov

Everyone watched the different point of views. They saw Sam, and then some attackers and they were now watching Javier's cam. Sounds of surprised roared in the air, when Javier ran and jumped off the Building.

His body moved uncontrollably in the air, but he rapidly straightened his body, pressed his thighs and legs together, and his hands were pressed against his chest. He looked up as we watched in surprise but awe when he broke through a window of the other building.

The can swtiched, and the attacker that was chasing him, alerted the other attackers of Javier's whereabouts. Brians face was full of awe but disgust. All he could wonder was how could a man be so perfect and never fail!?

The cam swtiched again and Daniel, Asadi, and Selam were watching his every moves. Javier rolled on the floor and his knees made contact with the floor but the way he landed, the position was so hot!!

His left hand was open and placed in front of him. His legs were bend and spread open, and his back arched. Composing himself, he gets up and brushes himself off. Observing the room, he walks over to a device and taps a few numbers in. He did that because he needed to close the building so no one would get in.

pressing his watch, he speaks to his friend, Sam, "Sam? Do you copy?" Static. Sam speaks, "Yes, I'm at Building Y." His eyes widen, "That far?! Okay, I need your help, They have notified everyone about where I am."

She chuckles, "Im fast. And.. You suck. Don't worry, Just come over to building X."

He groans, Javier was only at Building B. But he could make it. Turning the device off, and runs around the room, and finds an elevator that brings him to the top.

He has a plan. He's gonna use a wire or something like a rope that the teacher gave him, it was to swing around the buildings as he traveled running sideways against the walls of the building. It was dangerous and required skill, but Javier was the guy that was more into Freestyle.