25. Sweet Discover.

I'm so creative.

Javier's PoV

Selam and I walk on a strange and dark path leading into the middle of nowhere. We surprisingly made it to the woods safely and discreetly but that was only because Maryam had managed to make it rain.

I, someone who didn't like being drenched in water, sweat, and other liquids, I took a small dark blue umbrella, and made sure the rain didn't ruin my perfect hair.

Until. Selam snatches my umbrella away, I pout and look away only making him groan, "Now we'll both be drenched in rain water unless you speak to me."

Pouting I mumble, "..It happened, and that's it."

He silently mutters, "That's it?" He clicks his tongue and says tiredly and defeated, "..I thought you'd wanna hear an explanation.."

He walks forward and mutters, "Well whatever, forget about it."

Great. Now he's sulking. Hurrying up to meet him, I link my arm around his and annoyingly meet his eyes, "Okay.. I.. It hurt me. I mean, I felt guilty, I didn't mean for your mother to do whatever she did to you. But it hurt me, we didn't speak for a month, and all of a sudden I wake up being somewhere else, and being six years older."

I gulp and break the eye contact, "I admit, I didn't have time to grow up. So I'm still.. A kid. But not really, you know? That's why I still avoid speaking and opening up, then I bottle it all up until I burst."

"Which is obviously bad," I continue, "But that's all I know. And I'm really, really sorry Selam. Also.. About that day.. I didn't.. regret it."

Looking away, I distract myself by counting the trees, "I really didn't regret it, I liked it. But I was hurt when we didn't speak after that, I understand but.. I thought you didn't want to have anything else to do with me."

Selam interrupts me, "Never. I could never not want anything to do with you." He blankly states that, "I'm sorry I came onto you like that. I mean, my mother was only mad and afraid that I lied to her, and that others would hate me, and that her parents would hate me too."

So his grandparents must be.. Yeah. As a single mother it was probably never easy for her. So I understand both sides. Walking in front of him, I pause and turn around stretching my hand out, "I forgive you."

He stares at my hand, and then decides to hug me. My eyes widen, but I still hug him back after a few seconds have passed.

We hear a door close, but it's loud and sharp, almost like metal. We're interrupted but we're now focused on that sound. Rushing towards it, we hide behind bushes and observe the strange building in front of us. There's a man standing in front of a metal door, he seems to be calling someone, and he loudly says, "Hurry up! I'm already leaving. Who knows what does teens and young adults would do in these woods."

"In the end they'll find this place! So hurry up, I wanna lock up!" He loudly barks.

Another Man comes out, and I instantly recognize them. They are the two men that have experimented on me, and Selam must have agreed on that. The man locks the door, and walks off with the previously late man. Soon, the lights turn off, and we hear their footsteps fading.  We wait a ATLEAST a few more moments, until deciding to head over to the doors, but before doing so, we wore masks, hand gloves, and hats to hide our appearances better.

There's a lot of cameras. But we don't stare directly at them anyways. We silently cross the back, and spot a window. After we agreed to break it, knowing that they'll think it was the thunder that broke it, we smash it using a rock, and immediately go inside.

It's dark and gloomy, and when we jumped inside, we fell down, and that's when we realized that the window was way far up. So we'd have to find another way out.

Turning on my flashlight, I notice that there are no cameras, except for the rooms where they keep their patients in. Not to mention there are also cells containing.. People that seem like creatures.

My eyes widen, and I gasp when I spot a scrawny little girl, who's both bloody and tired!

She's... shes...

She's Ruth!! Sir Schneiders daughter!

I Focus on her, and use the new trick I learned while practicing my abilities. I was now able to instantly know and see what happened to anyone and anything without taking so long to find a memory! I could also change memories a little bit, by staring and focusing on my intentions, plus, I was also capable of simply touching people and doing whatever I wanted with their memories but it drained me a lot! So I needed to practice my limits, and see if I can remove them. But Sir Schneider thought it'd take me a while to learn how to touch people and do what I want, little did he know I could do it a little bit. He was surprised though.

I feel my eyes roll back, and I see a scarily blurred face grab her, and they seem to be fighting with Herr Schneider. He went on his knees and begged as he cried, then, the mysterious person took Ruth away, and locked her here.

Were they threatening Herr Schneider? But with what? If he doesn't stay here then they won't give his daughter back? That's what made sense. But.. That means that he's been tricked, because he's already working here, and yet they held her hostage. And I was sure that Herr Schneider needed to work here until the day he dies, meaning that,

they were never planning to give his daughter back.

My nose bleeds a little, and I wipe it away. I close my eyes and rest them a little before revealing to Selam, "Herr Schneider has a daughter, and this is her. Apparently from what I saw and understood, someone here, a mysterious person, took her away and threatened Herr Schneider that if he doesn't work here, then they'll take his daughter."

I scoff, "Weirdos, but the thing is that they fooled him. They were never gonna give his daughter back, they only tricked him into working here forever as long as he doesn't get his daughter back. Instead, they're experimenting on her, trying to make her into some kind of specie.. Or maybe, give her abilities. Who would do that to a little child!?"

Selam seems to be in his thoughts, I hear him mutter, "Mysterious person?"

Realization hits him because he widens his eyes and blankly glares at a spot, taking a step back, "..No.. it makes sense.."

I urge him to tell me more impatiently, "What!?"

He says, "..mysterious person. It makes sense! When you ran away that day because you remembered, I overheard Herr Schneider speaking to a mysterious person about how you're getting out of control! The person clearly seemed to be in charge of him, and the voice sounded like the person that spoke through the speakers."

"No way.."

He nods, "Yes, the person behind this,"

We both say at the same time, "Is the Headmaster."