chap.31

"This child will send me to an early grave I tell you" that is the first sound that greets me as I step into the Mthethwa home. "Baba calm down, she probably has a reason for leaving the school. "

"Well where is she? She needs to answer to her actions." Baba says as Bhut'Ntsika walks into the kitchen. "Want me to go look for her?"

"There's no need." I say walking into the kitchen.

"Do you have any idea of what you've done? How could you be so reckless?"

"Baba i-"

"I am disappointed in you. Just leave my sight!"

"What happened to letting me tell you where I was?"

"Khuluma Sizwe (Talk let's hear)"

"Right, so I left school because I realised that my period came early this time and luckily I had a...friend who offered to take me to the mall to buy sanitary stuff."

"And who might this friend be?"

"Just a friend I made in Physics class it's not definite yet."

"Mmmm, hamba. (Go)"

"So you're not mad?"

"No. Go"baba said. MaZulu was making something behind Baba. "Ma, ngicela amanzi (Ma, may I please have some water)"

"There are glasses of a tap. Use them" yho, okay. I walk to the cabinet and grab a glass. I have my glass of water and decide to take mint chocolate flavor Toppers before exiting the kitchen. I open them up as I walk up the stairs. Just as I reach my room, I race inside and close the door before letting out a squeal of happiness as I replay today's events.

After we left school Anande bought us some Mac D's and drove us out of town and to this quiet little lodge where we spent our afternoon having lunch and just talking and kissing and being in each others arms. I slid out of my clothes and took a deep sniff of my shirt which smelt like him.

I was smiling like a Cheshire cat throughout the afternoon. I eventually fell asleep on my bed while trying to understand Le Chatelier's Principle.

##############################
Anande Ntando

It wasn't my first time spending the night out in the cold. Tata had this tendency of locking me out whenever he was stressed. He'd find the stupidest of excuses and torture me. Talking about how it's shaping me to rule the kingdom.

When Ndiphile opened the door for me at 4am, I was shivering like hell. She had to help me up the stairs and into my shower. Even then it took me a long time to regulate my body temperature. When I finally got out of the shower, I had a runny nose and I couldn't stop sneezing and coughing.

I found cough mixtures on my night stand along with my protein shake and a full English breakfast. This is how Kumkanikazi would show her guilt. Making fancy food to ease her guilty consciousness. I just drank my shake and wore two vests under my tee-shirt, I wore cotton sweat pants and socks, grabbed my school jacket and my white Nike slides and I was ready for school.

When I got downstairs, the parents were laughing and eating like nothing happened. I walked out after muttering a small 'morning' to which I heard Kumkanikazi say I'm just in my moods. Till this day, I don't know how they met and what got them together. They can't stand children but they had three, of which I'm starting to think are just to satisfy the kingdom and fine the next ruler.

I got in my car and blasted the hot air as I drove to school. Where Tata hit me was painful as fuck so I did what I had to do, I got three strong pain pills and I swallowed them. When I got to school, I could barely feel the pain but I was a bit out of it. I met up with Yandise-okuhle who was too happy to see me.