chap.29

"Argh!" I sigh before throwing myself on the couch. "Long day?" I hear Mam'Mavis asking me. "Mmmmm." I can barely answer her as I feel my eyes closing slowly. "Chaa Sisi! You know you can't sleep on the couch. Your mother will have a fit and I can't deal with her drama!" She lightly hits my thighs.

"Kodwa Ma...." I whine out. "No No no my dear! Go to your room." She punches me now. "Okay, I'm going." I pull myself up to sit upright on the couch. I take my shoes off and follow with my socks. I eventually pull myself off of the couch and with my shoes in one hand, I walk up the stairs.

The cold tiles bring a cool sensation up my spine. I reach my bedroom, open the door and throw my shoes on the ground. I think if heading to my bed but the pile of clothes that await me make me cry out in displeasure instead. I fetch the laundry basket from the bathroom and fold my clothes, placing them in the basket.

I drag the now heavy basket to the doors of the closet and throw myself on the bed. Without wiping my face or taking my jewelry off, I shut my eyes and let sleep consume me.

********************************
Ntando Anande

I throw my bag on my bed the minute I enter my room. "Anande! Where's my Vaseline?!" Ndiphile bursts into my room. "Hello to you too Nkosazana." I roll my eyes. "Whatever. So iphi? (Where is it?)"

"Andazi, kutheni ucing' uba ikum? (I don't know, why do you think it's with me?)" I sit on my bed and begin undressing.

"Because you are the one who normally takes it." She reasons.

"Mmmm. I'll buy you a new one." She immediately turned to me. "Intoni?"

"You, buy me... you're gonna buy a Vaseline for me?"

"Ewe. Kutheni uyenza engathi andikuthengeli izinto? (Yes. Why are you acting like I need buy things for you?)"

"Because you never do so willingly. I either have to blackmail your or beg you." I laugh, dismissing her backward insult.

"Aii. Just tell me what kind you want. I'll get if for you as soon as I'm done here." She continued to stare at me, making me shift uncomfortably.

"Stop staring. I see uKumkanikazi when you do."

"Yhuu!" She moved her eyes elsewhere. "Okay. I'll go now." She walks to the door. "Thanks bro" she walks out. I throw myself on my bed and grab my phone. Text after text comes in from the gents and one from an unknown number.

I open the unknown number chat "You should've defended Buhlebendalo. You don't know what you've done ."

"Who is this?"

"Stay tuned. You shall soon see "

I block this number and send it to Mattheus. "Who's this?" He asks when I answer his call.

"Find out for me please." Mattheus is Tata's IT specialist. "Sure. Should your father know?"

"No." I exit the chat. I spent my afternoon doing my homeworks. When five pm came about, I changed into my gym wear and grabbed my sports bag. The team and I were meeting to practice for the night.

I leave my room, switching le lights off. I grab my water bottle in the kitchen and pour water inside. I grab an avocado, a packet of salt and a spoon. "I'm leaving" I call out, walking to my car. I hear someone say 'Bye'

I drive out and head to school. Coach had the gym opened for us. When I arrived, I hear the cheerleaders chanting from the other side of the gym. "Yo!" I fist bump Jason and Alex. "What's up man? We saw you with Yandise-okuhle looking comfy comfy comfy" Alex wiggled his eyebrows.

"We are just friends." I say, I see Jason roll his eyes. "Got a problem Jay?"

"No. I'm cool. Imma go to the crew." He walked away. "What's up with him?" I ask Alex, "I don't know man. He's been sour since day break."

"Day break?" I turn to him. "Romeo and Juliet!" He groans out. "Hmmm" I laugh and he pushes me away.

Practice went on from 5:30 pm to 9: 30 pm. "Imma see y'all tomorrow. My body hurts in abnormal places." Alex whines out.

"See y'all." I grab my bag and walk out. The noise coming from the female's gym had quietened down. "Ntando!" I turned and found Sihle, the head cheerleader, running towards me. "What's up?"

"Uhm, my dad can't fetch me and I am not a fan of Uber." She says fiddling with her fingers. "Okay and?"

"Well, since you've given that new weird kid a ride-"

"Yandise-okuhle." She stares at me dumbfounded

"Yeah whatever. Anyway. Can you take me home?" She wraps her arms around her chest area, pushing her breasts upward.

"No." She looks shocked by my answer. "No?"

"Yes, no. Jonga, I'm sure your boyfriend will be more than happy to take you home." Just then, Samkelo, her boyfriend walks up behind her. "Baby" he throws his arm over her shoulder and kisses her cheek. She smiles faintly.

"Hey Baby. Thanks Ntando. Samkelo will take me home." I turn and hear Samkelo asking Sihle what we were talking about. I shake my head, choosing not to entertain them. I get into my car and drive home. When I arrive, I find The royal car.

I immediately felt a heavyweight settle on my chest. I park my car and grab my things. When I entered the house, I was met with a punch to my jaw. I stumbled backwards because of shock and pain.

"Tata?"

"Wea uyandiqhela kwedin! (You disrespect me boy!)" He pulled me by the hood of my jersey. "Tata!" He pushed me onto the counter top and I land on my lower ribs. I take a sharp breath in a he slaps me. I move to hold my ribs and cover my face with the other arm.

He kicks me down and proceeds to kick every part of my body. "Daddy no!" Ndiphiwe runs in and pulls him back and he responds by pushing her away. She hits the fridge and I hear a gasp from behind. From the corner of my eye, I see uKumkanikazi covering Zikhona's eyes and ushering her up the stairs.

"Daddy please stop" Ndiphiwe begs as our father continues kicking my body. "Ndiphiwe go to your room."

"Daddy-" he stopped to turn to her and she walked out, her eyes trailing over my bloodied body guiltily.  I gave her a weak smile to say I'm okay. As soon as she walked out, Tata picked me up by the hood of my hoodie. I could barely stand straight.

"Voetsek kwedin! Uyenza ikitchen yam ibe mdaka rhaa! (You are making my kitchen dirty!)" I removed my hand from the kitchen counter top. "Tata-"

"Thula!(Keep quiet!)" He pulled me into the living room and out the backyard.  "Where are you coming from?" He questioned.

"Practice. It ran over."

"WHY DIDN'T YOU CALL??" He shouted. "I forgot to Tata. Ndicel uxolo (Please forgive me)" he immediately advanced towards me and threw a right hand punch to my jaw. I stumbled backwards and fell on my back. By now I had learned not to fight back or fuss because it means more problems for me. He spat at the ground and walked back into the house. Locking the door behind him.